Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Idea's On My Rating

Rate this question

dave1829

Question

I filed a claim with the VA in November for the following this.

IBS

Asthma

Hearing loss both ear (va supplied hearing aids)

Tinitus

PTSD

Torn ACL/ miniscus

foot injury

Sleep apenea.

I called the 1800 number to try and find out the status of my claim according to one operator. My calim is at the rating board for a rating. Does anyone have anyidea or an approximate rating that I may get form the above issues. I have strong documentation for all of them

Thank you

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What is a VCAA letter,

yes I have had the C & P exams and no I have not recieved any results. Do I request them or do they send them out.

Have you received a VCAA letter yet?

If so have you sent to them what they asked for?

Have you had any C & P exams yet?

If so do you have the results of those exams?

If the exams are favorable and you have a nexus to your service (a documented link)then you can look up the way VA rates each of these disabilities -the Schedule of Ratings is a link to the right and side of this page.

The PTSD claim will be adjudicated under the New PTSD regs which are in our PTSD forum.

Ok I am getting use to the VA jargon.

yes I have recieved a VCAA letter and sent in all my documents. the last time I checked everything was at the rating board, that was a month ago.

What is a VCAA letter,

yes I have had the C & P exams and no I have not recieved any results. Do I request them or do they send them out.

dave, i needed a reporter friend to pry a copy of my most recent c&p exam from the va. my local clinic claimed they couldn't release before determination anymore. my vso said differently and sent a letter requesting it. i was told on the phone (while discussing another topic) that i could get it after determination. this is when i had problems with the dav (one said yes, the other said no) and i contacted a friend in the media. hope that isn't too confusing. perhaps, others can weigh in! good luck.

Edited by iceturkee

Dave

You should "take charge" of your own claim, because, if you leave it up to the VA, most of the time they find a way to mess it up. To get a copy of your C and P exam, go to your VAMC's "Release of Information" department and ask for it. They may give it to you right away, or you may have to wait to get it. Read your C and P exam. If your examiner does not say something close to "the Veterans x condition is at least as likely as not due to ....in military service", then you do NOT have "strong evidence" for your claim. You must have this all important nexus, and if you dont have it, you need to get busy getting it, or your claim will be denied.

You are "spinning your wheels" without a nexus and going nowhere. If your C and P examiner did not supply you with a nexus statement similar to the one above, then you probably need and IMO/IME, or, at a minimum, another VA doc who will provide the Nexus. Its easy. No Nexus = no comp. benefits.

If your C and P exam does have a nexus statement, then you can relax.

Edited by broncovet

Dave

You should "take charge" of your own claim, because, if you leave it up to the VA, most of the time they find a way to mess it up. To get a copy of your C and P exam, go to your VAMC's "Release of Information" department and ask for it. They may give it to you right away, or you may have to wait to get it. Read your C and P exam. If your examiner does not say something close to "the Veterans x condition is at least as likely as not due to ....in military service", then you do NOT have "strong evidence" for your claim. You must have this all important nexus, and if you dont have it, you need to get busy getting it, or your claim will be denied.

You are "spinning your wheels" without a nexus and going nowhere. If your C and P examiner did not supply you with a nexus statement similar to the one above, then you probably need and IMO/IME, or, at a minimum, another VA doc who will provide the Nexus. Its easy. No Nexus = no comp. benefits.

If your C and P exam does have a nexus statement, then you can relax.

again i say good luck getting a copy of your exam before determination. you might get, you might have to wait until after determination. it changed at my local clinic because we changed jurisdictions from gainesville to orlando. but by all means, get a request in to have it sent to you. i have found over the years by looking at the exam results that you'll get a pretty good idea what your determination will be.