VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Is The V.a. Doing This?

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

I am really nervous about this meeting the Regional VA has set up with a local VA rep .They are calling it correspondence that I need to discuss with this local REP. Why are they doing this? I have done everything up until now for myself. I hunted down The missing Medical Files gathered all the INFO the VA needed to make the right decision. The Lack of Medical files was the reason the case was denied .The VA has had these Lost Medical records since March 6th. Why are they asking for anything else the medical files tell it like it is in black and white. Not one time but I was seen overseas for this 3 times. Do any of you think I should get a lawyer or an Orginization to help me. And who would be the fastest and best to use? I figure were all fighting the VA .What do You Think??

Edited by macool

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Dear Magoo

call your rep and find out in advance what it is they want to talk to you about. Unless there is allot of money to be made in your claim. You wont find a lawyer to help you. Be careful of your vet rep. Allot of them seem to make mistakes that favor the VA. In fact I would say they represent the VA interests better than the vets.

If your uncomfortabel with what the vet rep is doing . Do what I did . I fired mine and walked out without signing the SOC for 50% SC rating. In 2 months I had 1005 SC thanks to a real lawyer working my case.

Terry Higgins

Thats what I was thinking why would I use a VA rep to represent me when thats who is going to try to get me at the least amount of % for comp. I,m no lawyer but the VA reps are like Double Agents in my eyes

Today I get a form letter from VA Apologizing for the delay on the processing of my claim.what else would they need when I sent them the missing medical files. The VA rep was not in his office today for me to talk to, and my appointment is the fifth of july .guess ill just bring all my stuff -paper work with me . If I don,t have to use this rep I won,t unless he tells me I am going to be more then I expected . I also have a hearing loss documented in the new medical files I have found can I get that too? This I was told I could get when I out- processed In 1991 could this be a Possability? Thanks Terry

"I also have a hearing loss documented in the new medical files I have found can I get that "

Absolutely add this formally to your claim, with a letter to the VARO stating that you are adding this and requesting service connection.

It wont go back to your discharge date- the date for any awarded retro will be the date you file this claim.

Rocky- one of pur members said it all yesterday-

This is not a Spectator soprt- you need to be proactive- and even with a vet rep- you are the best vet rep you will ever have-let the rep help but file everything yourself .

Guest frank

I am really nervous about this meeting the Regional VA has set up with a local VA rep .They are calling it correspondence that I need to discuss with this local REP. Why are they doing this? I have done everything up until now for myself. I hunted down The missing Medical Files gathered all the INFO the VA needed to make the right decision. The Lack of Medical files was the reason the case was denied .The VA has had these Lost Medical records since March 6th. Why are they asking for anything else the medical files tell it like it is in black and white. Not one time but I was seen overseas for this 3 times. Do any of you think I should get a lawyer or an Orginization to help me. And who would be the fastest and best to use? I figure were all fighting the VA .What do You Think?that

i would not trust any one but myself BRETA ia a good exampie, so took on the va, and won,i keep my claim at va level yesterday i got bacy my NSLD, insurance i have been looking for this since 1949, the policy is waivered,, i do fell r/o make a lot of mistakes,you have excellent people that will help. frank

Frank- if I were you- I would try to get any service rep who has an office right at your VARO.

I have a local NYSDVA rep- (New York State Division of Veterans Affairs)

His boss (who I have known for many years) is right at the VARO now- he got a promotion and left the local office for a state division office at the VARO-and when they denied me in September without even looking at my IMOS, he went right into the DRO's office raising hell and has had 2 conferences on my behalf with the Director and the DRO.

DAV, AL, VVA, any state division- they are all usually top notch NSOs when they get into the same VARO building-usually-

you need someone who can take the time to sit down with you on all this-

a local vet rep could be good, but still better if they have a liason right at the VARO.