Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Evidence

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I was told through IRIS several weeks ago the my claim was at the Rating person's desk, but he returned it because he wanted more evidence. That is fine, but tell me what evidence you need, and for what, my Parkinson's or the re-evaluation of my PTSD. It is just frustrating.

Regarding Parkinson's disease, I have brought this up before, and some one replied with a reasonable response. I do not agree how the VA rates Parkinson's in incremental rates. Social Security has a list of diseases and injuries that they consider totally disabling and permanent. Parkinson is one of these, and I'm sure there are more. Some one responded that at least the VA gives you a percentage, and you can ask for increases as you go. I have not even received my rating yet (submitted Jan 2011), and it is getting worse. I'm starting to hear voices :wacko:'

Papa

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Did SSA rate the Parkinson's as totally disabling? If so, then regardless of a less than totally disabling rating by the VA, TDIU can be applied. (It might take a fight with the VA, however.)

Another possible path is to have the VA training program for veteran's say that the veteran is not capable of holding a job, etc.

Parkinson's is generally progressive, and it's likely that the VA would try to increment the compensation.