Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Evidence On E-Benefits

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Just seen this on my e-benefits page under the evidence.

I hope that this is because I sent my recent doctors papers and also the IHD form that he filled out for me. The NVLSP also has a copy of this.

Does any one know what this means.

Coachchas

VAF 21-0820 - vet request heVAF 21-0820 - vet request heart condition under the new agent orange guidelines. VAF 21-4138 - vet like the status of his claim. - VAF 21-674c -

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

In my case, I see documents submitted for everything since they stood the system up, no matter what claim I look at. I think it's all up to your particular VARO. I wouldn't sweat it, unless you see something from out in left field. Then, either submit an IRIS, or contact your VSO if you have one.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

pkelly-it might mean the VA will CUE themselves on that ridiculous letter you got and re adjudicate your claim.

I expect that to occur.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta, I just looked up the VAF-21-4138 it is a NOD. I was wondering if they, the VA would consider my doctors papers and new VA form for IHD a NOD. I did not fill one out for my most recent decisons from the AMC. Unless my rep from the DAV filled one out.

Coachchas

pkelly-it might mean the VA will CUE themselves on that ridiculous letter you got and re adjudicate your claim.

I expect that to occur.

The rep should have done better then file a NOD-

regardless- fortunately NVLSP has looked into your case.

NVLSP won the Nehmer Decision and they will handle this much better than the DAV could -in my opinion.

All you can do at this point is wait and if I were you I would let your NVLSP contact know of the 4138 that was filed apparently by the DAV.

I dont use e benefits -I guess you cannot read the entire 4138 and see who filed it?

If NVLSP filed the 4138 that is one thing but if DAV did- I feel their approach was wrong.

Did you have other issues that required a NOD in addition to the IHD claim? Maybe DAV filled it out on them?

As I understood this claim, the VA screwed up if they knew you ave private treatment records and they never obtained them nor advised your private doctor to fill out the IHD medical form.

In that case the VA committed a clear and unmistakable error in the ridiculous letter they sent to you.

But without all the facts that is just my opinion here.

NVLSP lawyers are the top guns regarding Nehmer claims and wont steer you wrong.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I think that I will soot an e-mail off to Dean at the NVLSP to let him know that there was a NOD filed. and I an not sure who filed it...

I

NVLSP won the Nehmer Decision and they will handle this much better than the DAV could -in my opinion.

All you can do at this point is wait and if I were you I would let your NVLSP contact know of the 4138 that was filed apparently by the DAV.

I dont use e benefits -I guess you cannot read the entire 4138 and see who filed it?

If NVLSP filed the 4138 that is one thing but if DAV did- I feel their approach was wrong.

Did you have other issues that required a NOD in addition to the IHD claim? Maybe DAV filled it out on them?

As I understood this claim, the VA screwed up if they knew you ave private treatment records and they never obtained them nor advised your private doctor to fill out the IHD medical form.

In that case the VA committed a clear and unmistakable error in the ridiculous letter they sent to you.

NVLSP lawyers are the top guns regarding Nehmer claims and wont steer you wrong.

Berta, I just realized that the VAF 21- 4148 form is a Statement in support of claim. Although I did not fill out one of these, would the recent paperwork that I sent to the person at the AMC such as the recents doctors reports and the IHD form filled out by my private doctor count as the Statement in support. Sorry for the wrong info yesterday, I must have read the form wrong. E-benefits is stating this as evidence along with another form which is just a form stating that they talked to me.

Should I still e-mail Dean from the NVLSP.

Coachchas