Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hiatal Hernia

Rate this question

Reddit

Question

Hello All,

I have a quick question? . I am having surgery to repair a hiatal hernia, i am service connect and is rated at 30%. My question is this

Will i be able to get atemporary 100% for convalsent leave?

Will my rating go down because the hernia was repaired.

What type of paper work am I supposed to submitt, if i am able to get the temporary 100% and how long am i suppose to be off of work to qualify.

just want to know what my option are before the surgery?

Reddit

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Will i be able to get atemporary 100% for convalsent leave? Maybe.

Will my rating go down because the hernia was repaired. Maybe. It all depends on how successful the surgery was.

What type of paper work am I supposed to submitt, if i am able to get the temporary 100% and how long am i suppose to be off of work to qualify. After the surgery, send your VARO a VA Form 21-4138 with the information about the name of the procedure, date, and location. If the surgery was at a VAMC, the VARO can get the surgical record and treatment records. If the surgery was at a civilian hospital, you yourself can either get the surgical record and treatment notes and provide them to the VARO, or you can ask the VA to request them. Information on convalescence is at 38 CFR 4.30 http://www.benefits....PART4/S4_30.DOC . Generally, the surgeon must make the recommendation for how much convalescence, unless there is a specific convalescence listed in the Rating Schedule. FWIW, open fundoplications from way back when really qualified as major surgeries. Now, with endoscopic/laparoscopic fundoplications, the procedure is still 'major', but far less debilitating as before.

just want to know what my option are before the surgery? Would you change your mind for anything but a medical reason?

Hello All,

I have a quick question? . I am having surgery to repair a hiatal hernia, i am service connect and is rated at 30%. My question is this

Will i be able to get atemporary 100% for convalsent leave?

Will my rating go down because the hernia was repaired.

What type of paper work am I supposed to submitt, if i am able to get the temporary 100% and how long am i suppose to be off of work to qualify.

just want to know what my option are before the surgery?

Reddit

Interested

causalobserver8@aol.com

Will i be able to get atemporary 100% for convalsent leave? Maybe.

Will my rating go down because the hernia was repaired. Maybe. It all depends on how successful the surgery was.

What type of paper work am I supposed to submitt, if i am able to get the temporary 100% and how long am i suppose to be off of work to qualify. After the surgery, send your VARO a VA Form 21-4138 with the information about the name of the procedure, date, and location. If the surgery was at a VAMC, the VARO can get the surgical record and treatment records. If the surgery was at a civilian hospital, you yourself can either get the surgical record and treatment notes and provide them to the VARO, or you can ask the VA to request them. Information on convalescence is at 38 CFR 4.30 http://www.benefits....PART4/S4_30.DOC . Generally, the surgeon must make the recommendation for how much convalescence, unless there is a specific convalescence listed in the Rating Schedule. FWIW, open fundoplications from way back when really qualified as major surgeries. Now, with endoscopic/laparoscopic fundoplications, the procedure is still 'major', but far less debilitating as before.

just want to know what my option are before the surgery? Would you change your mind for anything but a medical reason? oh, I am having the surgery regardless whether i get 100%or 30%. I am doing this for health reasons. And since this is one of my disability, I thought I would ask the question.

Reddit