Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Strange Phone Call From Regional

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

as some of you may know, the VA is working on IU for me, based on a comment made by the shrink who did my mental health claim. to refresh your memory, she wrote that although i had been long retired for medical reasons, the odds of me ever working again (even in a sedentary job) were highly unlikely given the chronic nature of my depression and the fact i suffer from long periods of social isolation. the VA deferred IU with my entitlement to service connection for depression, for development and scheduling of a medical.

a few weeks ago i queried IRIS to find out when this exam was going to be scheduled. that lead to monday afternoons call from regional. in a nutshell, the guy asked me if i wanted to pursue IU since i did not initiate the claim. I told him i was under the impression (and verified by a VA management analyst in st. pete who is my reporters friend media contact) that the VA initiated the claim (based on the shrinks comments) and verfied by st. pete. he said yes that is all true but sometimes doctors do things without the veterans knowledge or veterans wishes. i told him that if the VA wanted to give me 100 percent because they thought i was qualified, i would gladly take it.

long story but the medical should be scheduled soon, probably at the VAMC in Orlando.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question