Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Question

Rate this question

faofficer

Question

Okay I am currently rated 40% for both knees (loss of motion, instability) both ankles are being reevaluated but will likely be (10% for loss of motion). These are all due to an incident in Iraq.

I have all the diagnosis of fibromyalgia ( long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues, insomnia, headaches, memory loss, depression, PTSD, and irritable bowel syndrome) which I see would be rated at 40%. However, if submitted seperately the severity of each diagnosis would create a higher rating. The VSO had me file for each individual diagnosis. I DO NOT HAVE TBI

What should I expect the VBA to do? Will they just rap all of these and my original into fibromyalgia? I greatly appreciate any responses.

Edited by faofficer

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The PTSD/depression/memory loss and IBS will be rated separately. The other symptoms of fibromyalgia will be rated together as they are a part of the disorder. They would be rated separately if there was no diagnosis of fibromyalgia.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Depending on how your claims were worded they can be rated separately.

http://www.va.gov/ve...es4/9830366.txt

5025 Fibromyalgia (fibrositis, primary fibromyalgia syndrome)With widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points, with or without associated fatigue, sleep disturbance, stiffness, paresthesias, headache, irritable bowel symptoms, depression, anxiety, or Raynaud's-like symptoms:That are constant, or nearly so, and refractory to therapy40