Helps - PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Claims - VA Disability Community via Jump to content
VA Disability Community via
  • ask-your-va-disability-claims-question.png



  • 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

  • 0


Rate this question



Hello, the va told me to see a phycatrist. I made a appointment but only seen a mentel heath counsler? Does what the MHC say on paper have any wieght on claims? or does it have to be from a phycatrist?. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

You would need an opinion from a psychiatrist since he has the authority to dx you. A councilor doesn't. You may be able to use the councilors opinions as part of your evidence, but thats about it.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use