Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

6602 And 6604 Copd And Asthma

Rate this question

rettus72

Question

Hello all, and first off i would like to thank the posters, you have answered questions for me, but i have a couple more.

a brief histroy, while on active duty i was diagnosed with Asthma. While active this required several documanted trips to the ER. Put on emergeny inhailer, good to go. Several years pass, now out of the military, and my lungs starts to act up again. After va advocate i get a 30% rating

Go to the VA hospital and i am told i have COPD. (not a smoker) Go to an outside pulminary doctor and i get put on Advair. Next i contact the VA for follow-up and they put me on inhailed Mometasone, (an oral cortasteroid) along with Formoterol, a dialator. I continue this for about a year and a half and get online to reorder my meds and notice i have no refills left. I contact the VA and i am told that i need to be seen yearly to keep the rating. I was given an appointment time and the doctor resubmitted several tests for me to complete, one of them being a lung function test. After the test my doctor gives me a preschription for Prednisone, indicating to take it when i am having lung problems. Within 1 week the meds are at my door step.

so once again, I talked with my advocate. I showed him the fact that Mometasone is a cortasteroid and it is taken oraly daily. This being said according to 6602 (intermittent at least three per year courses of systemic corticosteroids.) it should be rated at 60% right?

So my claim goes on and today i get a phone call from QTC to set up an appointment for an asthma check. i verified asthma or COPD and they told me asthma.

the big question is this normal? i wonder if they are trying to link the COPD to worsened asthma?

Has anyone been in a situation like this?

thanks for your time, Joel

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

my father was a disabled navy vet who died of copd. He apprently served during korea, but not in korea... and had been hospitalized for asthma at least one time on active duty in the 1950's.. he smoked cigs for 40 years, and quit smoking 10 years before his death at 62. he never ever went to any doctor as long as I knew him, since I was born until his death... they ok'd his claim without any questions, just one c&p exam. I wasn't there at home when he was approved I was serving overseas in the usaf.

myself, I spent lots of time hospitalized on active duty for illness, chemical exposure phumonia, tbi from assault, and more,,, I Lost two jobs fom chemical exposure,, curently 50% , but they are fighting me over everythiing now, and fighting me since my claims started 15 years ago. In appeals process for 3 years now. I have terminal illnesss.

pancreas disease. I have been under doctor care for 20 years for illnesses.

Hello all, and first off i would like to thank the posters, you have answered questions for me, but i have a couple more.

a brief histroy, while on active duty i was diagnosed with Asthma. While active this required several documanted trips to the ER. Put on emergeny inhailer, good to go. Several years pass, now out of the military, and my lungs starts to act up again. After va advocate i get a 30% rating

Go to the VA hospital and i am told i have COPD. (not a smoker) Go to an outside pulminary doctor and i get put on Advair. Next i contact the VA for follow-up and they put me on inhailed Mometasone, (an oral cortasteroid) along with Formoterol, a dialator. I continue this for about a year and a half and get online to reorder my meds and notice i have no refills left. I contact the VA and i am told that i need to be seen yearly to keep the rating. I was given an appointment time and the doctor resubmitted several tests for me to complete, one of them being a lung function test. After the test my doctor gives me a preschription for Prednisone, indicating to take it when i am having lung problems. Within 1 week the meds are at my door step.

so once again, I talked with my advocate. I showed him the fact that Mometasone is a cortasteroid and it is taken oraly daily. This being said according to 6602 (intermittent at least three per year courses of systemic corticosteroids.) it should be rated at 60% right?

So my claim goes on and today i get a phone call from QTC to set up an appointment for an asthma check. i verified asthma or COPD and they told me asthma.

the big question is this normal? i wonder if they are trying to link the COPD to worsened asthma?

post-5809-0-77914700-1317784858_thumb.jp

post-5809-0-94113600-1317784887_thumb.jp

post-5809-0-24212000-1317784890_thumb.jp

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

First of all your making the same mistake a lot of other make... the ratings for 60% states in part: " courses of systemic (oral or parenteral) corticosteroids. " This means shots or pills not inhaled steriods.

"