VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Low Blood Glucose Non Dx

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

Hello,

I understand that hypoglycemia is NOT diabeties but it is a symptom of an underlying cause.

Has anyone had hypoglycemia while on active duty and eventually dx'd and compensated for it? and if so what was the connection?

TIA

Yelloow

Edited by yelloownumber5

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Pete,

Thanks I just was curious. I think my pancreous is having issues, now with my blood sugar being high. It never was high before and my body is not responding well to the metformin.

Pete how are your numbers now? What did the glucose tolerance test show? I need to speak with my Endo about getting one. My blood sugar was a 58 then the next time just jumped way up for no reason except I did have those epidural shots for my back pain but this has been about a year now.

yelloow

I had it even had to take special 5 hour glucose tolerance test but no service connection

• HadIt.com Elder

I used to have good control but lately not good at all. I am starting to believe that the insulin I get from the VA is no good. Is it paranoia or what. How can I find out?

I get my insulin delivered by mail and it always comes warm.

Pete,

Insulin is supposed to say cold. I couldn't find any temp guildines here it says do not store in a car. I am on Testosterone and would never do the mail delivery with that nor any other hormone. I know you do what you have do do, I did think about the tricare mail order program for spring, fall and winter it might be okay but summer wouldn't work well. The one thing I read is 104 degrees is the highest it should ever get....I'm not sure what part of the county you are in, I think maybe TX but in know here it was over that a few times plus the heat being in the delivery vehicle with no a/c.

Anyhow there are a lot of questions all over.

Please stay up on your numbers.

"Do no leave insulin in the car. The heat inside a car can be damaging to the potency whether it is from exposure to the sun or confinement in the glove compartment"

@ http://www.diabetescurestrategy.com/insulin-storage.html

People with questionw about insulin potency via mail order being in mailboxes or storage

@ http://www.insulinpumpforums.com/lofiversion/index.php?t3312.html

Edited by yelloownumber5

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks I am working on it I had gotten mine in good shape and now this. Very disappointed but what to do but try the new stuff and check more than I wanted too,