Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Process

Rate this question

OIF VET 844

Question

Alright Hadit family...I broke down and called the 1800 # and the VA rep told me that my claim has been "touched" (someone signed on and signed off) 5 times in the month of October alone as the 24th being the last action on my claim. Is this something new at the Regional level or what? This is stressful! A little history about my claim: intial-may 6 2010 went to rating board oct 20 2010. Any insight from my family here on Hadit?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

rating boards can be tricky. depending on what you are claiming for an increase on and what they find during their process - it can take a while. don't get discouraged. there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I put in an increase for my claim in Dec of 2010 for PTSD and it went to the raters Aug 22 2010 and just got kicked back to developemental 10/20/2011 for things I didn't claim - that they said they needed more evidence for. I went and spoke to a DAV rep and they signed off on the letter with me saying that all the evidence was in my medical records already along with everything we had already submitted and we had nothing further to submit and to just go ahead and rate it as is. So don't get discouraged. I know the let downs and the waiting and frustration. i am there myself. depending on what you are claiming your increase for will depend on the complexity of your claim and the amount of time it will take to decide as well as if the evidence to support it is all there. I hope that helps...

Hey thanks for the reply! This is my initial claim I'm trying to be patient as I possibly can with this whole process and yes it does get very hard at times.. I was just trying to get feedback from people here if they have came across issues like mine. The Va rep stated that in the month of october alone someone signed on my claim then signed off my claim 5 times... for example:Signed on-October 5 Signed off October 10/ Signed on October 12 Signed off October 17/ Signed on October 24- and the VA rep stated that was the last action regarding my claim! I know my fellow Vets here always say any activity on a claim is good news, but in this instance i just really don't know if this is good news or what!!!

rating boards can be tricky. depending on what you are claiming for an increase on and what they find during their process - it can take a while. don't get discouraged. there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I put in an increase for my claim in Dec of 2010 for PTSD and it went to the raters Aug 22 2010 and just got kicked back to developemental 10/20/2011 for things I didn't claim - that they said they needed more evidence for. I went and spoke to a DAV rep and they signed off on the letter with me saying that all the evidence was in my medical records already along with everything we had already submitted and we had nothing further to submit and to just go ahead and rate it as is. So don't get discouraged. I know the let downs and the waiting and frustration. i am there myself. depending on what you are claiming your increase for will depend on the complexity of your claim and the amount of time it will take to decide as well as if the evidence to support it is all there. I hope that helps...

Edited by OIF VET 844

yes that is good news...it is making progress down the long chain that your claim has to go. hopefully you will get a competent rater and they will settle it soon for you! initial claims seem to get settled faster then most that i see. most with in 6 months.

Alright Hadit family...I broke down and called the 1800 # and the VA rep told me that my claim has been "touched" (someone signed on and signed off) 5 times in the month of October alone as the 24th being the last action on my claim. Is this something new at the Regional level or what? This is stressful! A little history about my claim: intial-may 6 2010 went to rating board oct 20 2010. Any insight from my family here on Hadit?

Do not call the 800 # unless you want to be filled with additional confusion and frustration

There IS NO WAY to accurately track the status of VBA claims.

Someone signing off just means it went from one place to another,

this is good to see movement but means little else.

Have you received, signed and returned a VCAA letter - even this,

someone signs off on.

Hang in there - being that this is your Original VBA claim, it may not be too much longer,

if they have what is needed.

JMHO

HAHAHAHA GOOD CATCH CHARLIE!!!!! YUP! it's a typo - I meant aug 22 2011. meds must be kicking in.

OIF++++++Carlie is one of the most intelligent people on here that I have encountered with the best knowledge! soak up all you can from her and pass it along to other Vets your experience and knowledge ;)

usmcgirl,

Is there a typo in the dates above ?