Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quick C&p Question

Rate this question

Hogfan1978

Question

I'm scheduled for a C&P exam in November due to my lower back condition worsening. They want to examine me for an increase in my existing SC disability. Do I need to show that I've been to my doctor recently for the worsening condition, or do I just show up for the C&P exam? I haven't been back to the doctor since I was awarded 10% disability a few months ago, but my back definitely hurts worse and my ROM seems to have decreased since then.

Just wondering if I should go to my private doc about it prior to going to the C&P exam?

Thanks.

Edited by Hogfan1978

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

the C&P is an exam. they are going to ask you about the pain levels and ROM and then prob schedule you for an xray. If you go to your private doc that might help also. If he is connected to the VA hopefully he could order more appropriate tests eg: MRI, if he feels more is warrented, and it also adds to more evidence for your case. If it is an outside practitioner, you will have to submit a form for concent to release your records and MAKE SURE YOU GET A COPY OF THOSE RECORDS so you can submit them with your claim as it will be easier in the long run. You won't need to bring your prior records to your C&P as they will have already had access to your C file. hope that helps.

I'm scheduled for a C&P exam in November due to my lower back condition worsening. They want to examine me for an increase in my existing SC disability. Do I need to show that I've been to my doctor recently for the worsening condition, or do I just show up for the C&P exam? I haven't been back to the doctor since I was awarded 10% disability a few months ago, but my back definitely hurts worse and my ROM seems to have decreased since then.

Just wondering if I should go to my private doc about it prior to going to the C&P exam?

Thanks.

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

that would probably be easier since it would would be at little or no cost to you and all your files would be there. you can also obtain copies of your files there. once your C&P is done you can get copies of those reports when they are filed as well. usually with in 3 to 4 weeks after your appointment.I would try and see a VA doc before your C&P to get the ball rolling....do you have a primary care there at your local VA? this site is great for info and there are a lot of intelligent people on here so don't hesitate to ask :)

usmcgirl,

Thanks. That makes sense. I might try to go see a VA doc at the clinic prior to going to my C&P exam. I've not yet been to a VA doc, so that will be a new experience...

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

that would probably be easier since it would would be at little or no cost to you and all your files would be there. you can also obtain copies of your files there. once your C&P is done you can get copies of those reports when they are filed as well. usually with in 3 to 4 weeks after your appointment.I would try and see a VA doc before your C&P to get the ball rolling....do you have a primary care there at your local VA? this site is great for info and there are a lot of intelligent people on here so don't hesitate to ask :)

usmcgirl,

Thanks. That makes sense. I might try to go see a VA doc at the clinic prior to going to my C&P exam. I've not yet been to a VA doc, so that will be a new experience...