VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Called The 800 # Today About My Chrinic Pain Claim.

Rate this question

sawgunner

Question

Ok...

I filed a NOD on chronic pain as the VA decided that the painful range of motion on the DDD in my back and IT band trouble in my hip was considered a claim for pain. And that i could not be rated twice for the same thing.

Funny that I have no mental health rating at this time and pain disorder is considered as such.

I have TWO very solid letters for TWO different shrinks that state that my chronic pain disorder IS CAUSED by my service connected conditions.

I called today to enroll in ebenifits and to see where my claim is at.

I was told it was being treated as a cliam for fibromyalgia.

Is fibro considered mental health as well?

Could it fall under the same thing?

I have never been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

I know you guys are tired of hearing abot this one but it's driving me up the wall at this point.

Any thoughts on this latest tid bit?

SawGunner.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

fibro is not a mental condition. it is a physical condition. Are you a Gulf War vet? Maybe they are trying to service connect you under undiagnosed illness presumptives.

Did you state in your NOD that you were disagreeing with thier decision based on you think it is a mental condition and not a physical. If the decided originally on a physical condition (pain) then I don't see where another decision on the physical pain will help you.

I would ask for a reconsideration and change of request from a physical disorder to a mental disorder based on your IMO's.

Dawg.

I had filed for Chronic Pain Disorder with 2 letters from 2 different head shrinkers to suppot the cliam.

They also attribute depression, insomnia, mood disorder, etc as being directly caused by my chronic pain.

Sawgunner, Maybe you should have filed for (Somatoform pain disorder). I would let it take its time, and take up trout fishing or even try a good cigar. That way it will take your mind off things Best of luck!

Is Chronic Pain Syndrome better to be filed as/rated as Physical or Mental?

I also have CPS related to service and mental health issues but I was unaware of the difference between being rated between the two; Physical or Mental.