Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Notification Letter Yet

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

I call peggy again yesterday to no avail. No info, he really was not helpful. Tried to get in touch with my DAV officer here in Philly.... not there. He still did not answer my email from 2 weeks ago. I understand that these guys are busy but all I want is an answer as to why I am still not notified of my BVA decision of SEpt 15. I decided to call Dean at NVLSP.. He told me he just received my claims folder and would get back to me in about a week after looking through it. I was so upset with no answer from Peggy and IRIS and DAV. that I did not ask him why he had my file. This is certainly not good for my PTSD.

Any thoughts on why he would have my folder????? Would like to know something..

Coachchas

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Please try to relax. Nvlsp may be getting ready to verify the earliest possible effective date for you. Or since you have been denied for so long, and not recognized as Nehmer there may be a complaint filed for you. The good thing about a complaint is that there are dates and deadlines that I did not expect. I thought a complaint would only get recognition as a nehmer survivor and the wait on the VA would begin again. The first deadline is 90 -120 days to see if VA agrees. Then 30 days to pay. After almost 19 years, deadlines sound good. I wish you good luck on a speedy decision.

I call peggy again yesterday to no avail.

I understand that these guys are busy but all I want is an answer as to why I am still not notified of my BVA decision of SEpt 15.

Coachchas

I'd call -

BVAOmbudsman

We may be reached by our phone number (202)-632-4623 Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm (Eastern time zone).

Carlie is correct-

I contacted the BVA ombudsman in the past for my other claim and although I didnt get much from them- they might be able to help-

Then again I am concerned here-

VA told me about 2 weeks ago I should get a decision very soon-

I pulled out my last email from NVLSP today that was dated Sept 11. 2011:

"Dear Ms. Simmons:

Thank you for the update and the scanned NOD. To date, NVLSP has not received a copy of a new decision on your claim from the VA. Once we do, we will review it to ensure that the VA assigns the correct effective date for your IHD benefits. We will contact you about the results of our review at that time. Please let us know if your contact information changes.

Sincerely,

Allison Monyei

Staff Attorney*

National Veterans Legal Services Program

agentorange@nvlsp.org <mailto:agentorange@nvlsp.org>"

The NOD she means is the one I filed on my last award letter.

I wonder now if NVLSP gets the decision before we actually do-----I thought we had to email them and advise them of the decision.

PKelly- did you ask Dean at NVLSP what the BVA decision was?

Cripes- the VA guy acted like my check was in the mail---

and now it looks like the NVLSP review on my claim might add more time.But I honed in on what I feel should be my EED- August 13, 1988.

I sent medical evidence from the med recs to support that date and cannot imagine VA would question that EED.

Nor that NVLSP would need time to question it.

That EED is also supported by documents generated via my 1151 and FTCA cases from the VA itself.

Then again if any of us get the wrong EED NVLSP can fix it.

I guess that would certainly be worth waiting a little longer for.

Susan made a very good point too.

I kind of hope NVLSP will pour through the years of inaccurate crap I had to fight over with the VA.My award I Nodded as above was due to DMII from AO contributing to my husband's death.

They granted SC death but failed to rate the DMII or give it a diagnostic code just like the IHD.

Maybe these NVLSP reviews will reveal the true picture of what many of us go through even regarding AO claims in the past when there was no formal NVLSP review.

That would be worth waiting a little longer for.

pkelly-I emailed the attorney who is handling my AO claim and asked her a few questions that bear on your problem here.

When I hear back I will let you know.

It seems to me, even if we want NVLSP to review our decisions, that we have a right to know what the decisions are.

Thanks Berta, I really apppreciate you asking your attorney. I get more confused everyday with this.. It really is no good for my heart or my PTSD. I did call the

BVA ombudsman but to no advil. All he told me was that my claim was at the Philly RO as of Nov 1st.,, now that is a new date, lol/. Dean was really busy when I called him and he told me that he just received my file and give him until next week to review it and he will get back to me. I thought like you, why don't I know my decision before the NVLSP or do I have a decision yet???? I just am really mad at the DAV here in Philly... They want you to sign up real fast and become a lifetime menber, but once you need them they are never there for you. I have sent my person 2 emails and 2 phone calls. This was all in the last two weeks.. Are they that busy to make a 5 minute phone call??? They are not too busy to send out calendars and cards that they wasnt you to buy. I wish that I had a number for the supervisor for them here in Philly. When you call you can't even leave a message a lady takes your name and tells you she will give him the message, but I know he got my e=mail. This really stinks.. I thought that when I read online that the BVA made a decision on my claim I was coming to the end, apparently not. I can't even look it up online....

Sorry for the ranting, I think that my wife is tired of listening to me.

Coachchas

pkelly-I emailed the attorney who is handling my AO claim and asked her a few questions that bear on your problem here.

When I hear back I will let you know.

It seems to me, even if we want NVLSP to review our decisions, that we have a right to know what the decisions are.

The NVLSP reply I received from the lawyer who will handle my review was :

"You will receive your Nehmer decision from the VA before our office does."

Best thing you can do is call Dean at NVLSP and ask him what the decision was.I cannot understand why you didn't receive it yourself.