Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nvlsp

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Berta, any thoughs on why Dean at the NVLSP would have my claims folder when I have not even been notified yet. I did fill out in the summer allowing him to look at my decision once I get it.

Coachchas

Edited by pkelly4576

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I have no idea.

They (NVLSP) told me they would not get my c file until my decision came -if I felt the EED was wrong.

Their main focus is on the proper retro EED.

Personally I think the EED will be right in my decision and everything else will be screwed up.

I should know their decision soon per VA.We are all getting expeditious treatment under Nehmer if we filed prior to Aug 2010.

My definition of expeditious treatment is much different than VA's.

• HadIt.com Elder

Assuming a Nehmer class member, when you give NVLSP permission, they can request a copy of the claim file. They are then entitled? as the class action lawyer to review it to see that the VA did or didn't comply with the law and the court order.

This is advantageous to the veteran, mainly because the VA really, really doesn't want to get into what happens when/if they have to "explain" why the in compliance.

Berta, any thoughs on why Dean at the NVLSP would have my claims folder when I have not even been notified yet. I did fill out in the summer allowing him to look at my decision once I get it.

Coachchas

Chuck I did give them permission back in July when I received a letter from the AMC stating 0 percent on my remand for IHD. I had to send more info to the AMC along with a doctors paper with my mets and Left Vent. My AMC decision is on here somewhere. That is when I contacted the NVLSP. As for my name being on the Nehmer list it is not, why... I do not know. I filed for and IHD claim back in 94 adn 95 when I had my first heart attack.

I just wish that someone would tell me the truth. Everyone you talk to Peggy , IRIS etc has a different story. My DAV officer has yet to call me back after 2 phone calls and 2 emails. This was over two weeks ago. I am totattly disgusted.

Coachchas

quote name='Chuck75' timestamp='1321478679' post='263327']

Assuming a Nehmer class member, when you give NVLSP permission, they can request a copy of the claim file. They are then entitled? as the class action lawyer to review it to see that the VA did or didn't comply with the law and the court order.

This is advantageous to the veteran, mainly because the VA really, really doesn't want to get into what happens when/if they have to "explain" why the in compliance.