Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help...where Did It Go?

Rate this question

eagle-eye

Question

Just like my topic title & descrpition stated, i'm looking for the forum related to Social Security Disablility claims. There used to be one on here. I'm scheduled for an ADJ hearing shortly and would love to read how others survived this stressful process.

Respectfully,

Eagle-Eye

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

eagle-eye keep scrolling down in the forum section it is there, When i went to my ADJ hearing it was in Boston, walked in with my lawyer

and everyone else there had an interpreter, I could not believe it no one spoke English, anyway I walked in with the Judge, he looked at

my paperwork from all my doctors and could not believe I was disapproved, told me not to worry, it took 3 months after that hearing and I received

all back pay for 2 years, Good Luck and let us know the results!

NJ

NJBB62,

I imagine since I'm in San Antonio there will some interpreters as well.

I'm going to ask what your disabilities are/were...I understand that's personal..

the following is what I'm being treated for and the %'s the VA has awarded me. 1. PTSD/Major Depression 70%(bi-monthly pyschotherapy and monthly psychiatry appts; three anti-depessant meds 2. Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue 40% monthly appts w/primary care; three pain meds. 3. Chronic Migraines 30%, semi-annual with Neurology; one medication. 4. hypertension 10%, two meds. I have moderate arthritis in my lower neck that I have not claimed ut receive monthly rehab for.

Sorry, to bombard you with TMI, just anxious.

thank you!

Mine was for Coronary Artery Disease 60 %(Service Connected) Hypertention 0% (Service Connected) on 14 Meds for Heart, blood pressure and Diabetes, I had a heart attack in the first gulf war,

and they patted me on the back and said it was just stress, then a couple of years later I had a Massive heart attack that took 50% of my heart, the VA granted me Service connected and admitted,

they never did anything for me when I had the first heart attack, thank god i made the Corpsman put it in my medical records, anyway SSDI disapproved me twice so I got smart and hired a good

lawyer when I went in front of the ADJ for the hearing he opened my records shook his head and told me not to worry, been on SSDI since 2001. Good Luck and let me know how you make out!

NJ

you can look here too if you do not find it.

http://vets.yuku.com/forums/69/Vet-Social-Security-Issues-SSDI-SSI

Just like my topic title & descrpition stated, i'm looking for the forum related to Social Security Disablility claims. There used to be one on here. I'm scheduled for an ADJ hearing shortly and would love to read how others survived this stressful process.

Respectfully,

Eagle-Eye

Here is a link to the Social Security forum:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?/forum/37-social-security-disability-questions/

As far as surviving the process of waiting for an ALJ hearing, and then waiting for the decision of the ALJ, you need to find something else to occupy your time. Which is something far easier said than done!!!

Personally, I a waiting on a decision on my appeal to the Social Security Appeals Council for the past 17 months, after a denial from an ALJ. I bounced off the walls so much, that I am lucky to have any walls left. Seriously, I have started reading more and recently increasing my exercise as much as I can - Which is a whole lot better than being disappointed/depressed everyday that I get nothing in the mail.

Edited by Bonzai