VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Fail To Answer Veteran Questions

Rate this question

nanaeris

Question

When I read my got my SOC and looked at what the RVSR wrote I was shocked, I requested a DRO de nova, I was shocked even more, so when I did my NOD I sent all the information out of my SMR with the NOD. The VARO scheduled me for 2 more C&P exam for the same thing. the Doctors this time had my complete C-file and came up with different conclusion. I was granted service connection for Major Depression but still denied an increase for bilateral knee disability. On the SSOC they denied me an increase under limitation of flexion (DC 5260) but did not say anything about limitation of extension (DC 5261) which would have given me a 30% rating. I wrote the Waco RO and pointed this out to them and informed that according to VBA policy the SSOC is incomplete. The refused to answer any of my inquiries. I have been asking for a RO hearing since 2010 with no response. I requested a BVA hearing with my NOD this was back in 2009. My claim folder is just there with no movement. I wrote my congressman in November 2011 and he got a response that they would look into the matter. I called his office and his rep. informed me he has not heard from Waco RO yet. Does it usually takes this long for a regional office to respond to a congressional inquiry? I was hoping to just get a BVA hearing to get this matter resolved. This has been going on since 2007 and 1800 number and ebenefit is just a waste of time and resources. How the VBA get away with giving veterans limited, incomplete, and false information is beyond me. If I don't hear from the congressman in two weeks, I think I will contact the two senator down hear in Texas. I thought Congressman Reyes would have had some pull since he on the house Veterans committee. Any thoughts.

nanaeris

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to the world of the VA!

Actually, when this sort of thing happens, you have to be prepared to fight a long term and frustrating battle.

Getting a qualifed lawyer may be in your best interest.

There are hundreds and likely thousands of veterans that have similar problems related to the VA's claim handling.

Unless and until Congress imposes penalties on the VA for it's improper actions, or lack of action, the VA will continue to do "the same old things"..

The decades old history of the VA proves that they will, for any and all excuses, stretch out and complicate the process any way possible.

Change.org petition

The United States Congress: Impose limits and penalty on the Department of Veteran's Affairs