Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Need To Ask A Question

Rate this question

Okieman70

Question

I just had a qestion, I have a claim opened in march 2011 for Undifferentiated somatoform disorder with anexiety, knee problem and ankle surgeury. I had my C&P on 4 Jan 2012, the Doc stated I had a Adjustment disorder with anziety and depressed mood, the VA opened a new on 6 Jan 2012 for a IBS increase which I am 30%, I have a C&p apponitment for 9 Feb 2012 for the IBS opened Jan 2012, is the normal for the VA to open a claim and get a C&P appoinment in less then 1 month, could this part of the claim from march 2011.

Thank Ken

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Adjustment disorder with anxiety and depressed mood - - The VA might try to use this to say that it's not service connected. Undifferentiated somatoform disorder with anxiety can be related to the physical injuries, based upon the general definition

Thank for the answer, I understand what you are saying, because my claim for Undifferentiated somatoform disorder with anexiety is secondry to my back, ankle, and IBS, the VA doc says the pain is causing the Undifferentiated somatoform disorder with anexiety.

Thanks Ken

• HadIt.com Elder

Sometimes the VA works a claim faster than others. Hope that yours is a fast one.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I just wanted to update the info on my claim, I went to my C&P in Jan 2012, the Doc said I do not have Undifferentiated somatoform disorder with anexiety, I have a djustment disorder with depression and anexiety, waitting for thew VA to rate my claim, I guess it is a good thing my claim was for Undifferentiated somatoform disorder and anexiety. I will let you know what happeneds with the claim when I find out.

Ken

• HadIt.com Elder

If you file a claim for somatoform and anxiety and the diagnosis the doctors come back with is adjustment disorder the VA will not service connect any mental condition unless the doctor says it is secondary to a service connected medical condition. If the C&P examiner made a case that you have an adjustment disorder that is not secondary to any service connected condition or related to military service you will probably need to get an IMO to rebut the C&P exam. Get the C&P before it goes to adjudication and post what the C&P examiner said. If the report needs to rebutted, it is best to get the rebuttable in to the VA ASAP.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

Sorry i did not exsplane myself, the C&P Doc did say the my adjustment disorder with anxiety and depression was secondary to a service connected medical condition, Thanks for the advise.

Thanks Ken