VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does The Va Ever Consider An Imo Letter To Be Outdated?

Rate this question

georgiapapa

Question

Does the VA ever consider an IMO letter submitted by a claimant to be outdated or expired after a certain period of time? Since it is not unusual for the VARO to take months and sometimes years to process a claim, IMO letters submitted by claimants may end up being months or years old by the time the IMO letter is reviewed and considered by the VARO.

Would a VARO ever require a claimant to go back to their private doctor who prepared the original IMO letter and obtain another IMO letter with a more recent date even when the reason the IMO letter has become outdated is because the VARO was slow in processing their claim?

Thanks...Georgiapapa

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does the VA ever consider an IMO letter submitted by a claimant to be outdated or expired after a certain period of time? Since it is not unusual for the VARO to take months and sometimes years to process a claim, IMO letters submitted by claimants may end up being months or years old by the time the IMO letter is reviewed and considered by the VARO.

Would a VARO ever require a claimant to go back to their private doctor who prepared the original IMO letter and obtain another IMO letter with a more recent date even when the reason the IMO letter has become outdated is because the VARO was slow in processing their claim?

Thanks...Georgiapapa

x

x

x

Very good question! I was reading cases at the Court the other day, and remember reading about the need for the VA to have a current examination ... definately worthy of dicussion here at the board! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

If the IMO or other medical opinion, including a C&P is over a year old, it's not uncommon to see the RO order a new C&P, in order to determine the current state of the claimed condition(s). I have no personal experience in this area, since my SC'd conditions will not get any better. (P&T)

x

x

x

Very good question! I was reading cases at the Court the other day, and remember reading about the need for the VA to have a current examination ... definately worthy of dicussion here at the board! ~Wings

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use