Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Evidence For Bva

Rate this question

qwiksting

Question

Hello to all, I was wondering if someone could help me out with some advice. I submitted a claim to the VA in 2007. I have esophagitis, with a hiatus hernia. Also GERD. I returned from Iraq in 2005, was discharged in 2006, went to the VA and began getting treated and diagnosed, (upper GI)and then treated with omeprazole and some kind of nasty thick liquid stuff. The Doc called for a endoscopy, so I waited for an appt. which never happened. So the next time I went in for an Appt. Doc wanted to know about the endoscopy, so he pulled up something on his computer, and it said it was put in as a routine procedure and was denied. This went on one more time till the Doc had to call Gastro to set it up himself. 2yrs into the process. Got the scope done and was discovered a Hiatus hernia and GERD with a small ulcer. Like I said earlier I submitted the claim in july 2007. In Feb 2008 It was denied, stating" that everything had resolved itself". I then put in an appeal with the VA, spoke with a DAV person who was helping me. I was given a choice as to where my appeal would go, and was advised that it should go to a DRO. Anyway,I think a mistake was made and it got sent to the Board of Veterans appeals in Washington DC. I don't understand the paperwork flow but it is what it is. So, today I had another Endoscopy done at the VA, and the findings are:

Moderately severe esophagitis seen in the distal third of the esophagus(530-10) Biopsy taken

34-37 cm level esophagitis

A hiatus hernia was found in the GE junction (553.3) 37-40 cm level

Erosive gastritis was found in the antrum (553.40) Biopsy taken

Normal body of the stomach, cardia, and funds. Two biopsies taken

Normal Duodenum

This looks similar to the first Endo that was done in 2007, when I filed my claim.

my question is, do I, or can I submit this to the BVA, and if I can how do I do it?

Thank you for listening and or helping me.

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I think your right Dean, with that paper, I can't see how it can be denied? I just was wondering who assigns the rating level (10%, 20%..ect) thanks for your positive thoughts!!

The VARO???

Edited by qwiksting