Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got Ab8!

Rate this topic

AFMedic09

I filed on Jan 24th 2011. Also, my status says "Gathering Evidence" not "Complete" - what does that mean?

This is what it says...

The current benefit paid is as follows:

Gross Benefit Amount $727.00 Net Amount Paid $727.00 Effective Date December 1, 2011 Combined Evaluation

40 percent

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my initial claim. (First rating) Peggy had no insight for me....I put this claim together on my own. I had 14 contentions including migraines, PTSD/Depression, and bladder sling for prolapsed bladder, etc. I don't know if this means some of my claims are deffered? Denied? I guess I have to wait for snail mail to figure it out?

Edited by AFMedic09

Ya ebenefits is not always up to date and peggy usually never has the right information. Since your letter generator says you were awarded 40% it seems to me a little win. You will have to wait till they send you there reasoning for such decision then you may need to file a NOD if you don't agree with it.

I have read where people see "Appeal Possible" on their AB8. I have no such verbage. Also, "Peggy" told me she couldn't tell me what my letter said, but that it looks like there are still issues they are working out, and that my letter has not been finalized at this point. I am confused. I think it would be a good thing if there are still contentions they are considering for rating, but I don't know if that is the case. And why is there no verbage stating that the rating is appealable? (if that is a word) lol

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use