VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Movement From Gathering Evidence

Rate this question

denver80904

Question

Hello all Hadit members and guests,

Great news today when I got back from my morning VA appointments, where I included a stop by the RO to check on the hardship from last week. The person who tried to help me said no hardship was in my file. he said he would physically go get my file and see where it stands. I delcined this due to the fact I didn't want to go backwards. So I blew it off. I get home and someone from the VA whose name and voice I don't recall. I called the number back and it was the person putting my claim together. She wanted to verify that I didn't have an NEW items for discovery. I told here, everything you need is in my VA Medical. She confirmed that all my claims are conneccted to my service. Which I told her all of the things did happen and when and where. She then asked me to identify myself with the normal challenge stuff. The she read a script which meant that her work was done and it's going to Prep. For Decision. I told EBenefits was still at Gathering which I checked before I left today for the VA. She said she has changed it. Also, my Hardship was in my file and she said she pulled it out and made it the top sheet the next person would see. Suprising at the helpfulness and knowledge of this person. I checked EBenefits and it alos had changed to confirm this conversation. I confirmed the date of claim which was 1 year old as of 5/17/12. I checked how this RO fairs against others in its area. It by far is the has the smallest claims. It's The Fargo, ND RO. The woman told me that the claim should be granted soon, but of course she can not but a date or timeframe on that. Which I understand it's out of her hands.

Any insight to the next stages, or what you see in this situation, or experiences with something like this. Feel free to comment,

Thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Any insight to the next stages, or what you see in this situation, or experiences with something like this. Feel free to comment,

Thanks

Just means your still in a holding pattern, perhaps only a few months longer.

Thank you, Carlie. I think since I turned in the Hardship it will be a month or 2. The woman I talked to said she was walking my claim over when we hang up. I'm still a bit surprised at the support she gave.