VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vr&e Vs. Post 9/11

Rate this question

Question

I want to share my experience with VR&E and Post 9/11. I did both. Post 9/11 is a good program but compared to VR&E, there is extra benefits that VR&E has which P-911 doesnt. VR&E is a great program program which would be excellent if the counselors knew what communication meant. Remember this is my experience. For the most part the program itself is hassle free. HOWEVER, the biggest hassle is usually the counselors. Shouldnt be that way but that's just the way it is. Their biggest problem is communication or leaving you stranded. At least in my experience. I have noticed a good way to get them to improve their communication. Go get your VSO involved. Questions will start to get answered then.

Anyway, the program itself is great. If you rate the program, I highly suggest you try being accepted into it. The benefits definitely outweigh the Post 9/11. I think Post 9/11 pays for like $1000 for your books or something like that a year. VR&E pays for ALL your books and materials needed. All of my classes are online. I dropped my computer by accident one day and it still kills me I did that. I hated that crap happened. It was bad timing all around. But anyway I finally did get a new computer a month later. YES A MONTH LATER!! Longest month of my life. But anyway my point Im trying to make it I dont think post 9/11 would have paid for a new computer. Go with VR&E.

My counselor told me VR&E is coming on par with Post 9/11 but what you may not realize is VR&E has a couple of extra perks to it that Post 9/11 doesn't offer. I have a question, I heard that if you complete the program sucessfully they will drop your disability payments. Does anyone know if this is true or not and if it is true where is the law that governs this.

Thanks. Anybody else want to share their experience? Both good and/or bad?

Edited by Guest

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I want to share my experience with VR&E and Post 9/11. I did both. Post 9/11 is a good program but compared to VR&E, there is extra benefits that VR&E has which P-911 doesnt. VR&E is a great program program which would be excellent if the counselors knew what communication meant. Remember this is my experience. For the most part the program itself is hassle free. HOWEVER, the biggest hassle is usually the counselors. Shouldnt be that way but that's just the way it is. Their biggest problem is communication or leaving you stranded. At least in my experience. I have noticed a good way to get them to improve their communication. Go get your VSO involved. Questions will start to get answered then.

Anyway, the program itself is great. If you rate the program, I highly suggest you try being accepted into it. The benefits definitely outweigh the Post 9/11. I think Post 9/11 pays for like $1000 for your books or something like that a year. VR&E pays for ALL your books and materials needed. All of my classes are online. I dropped my computer by accident one day and it still kills me I did that. I hated that crap happened. It was bad timing all around. But anyway I finally did get a new computer a month later. YES A MONTH LATER!! Longest month of my life. But anyway my point Im trying to make it I dont think post 9/11 would have paid for a new computer. Go with VR&E.

My counselor told me VR&E is coming on par with Post 9/11 but what you may not realize is VR&E has a couple of extra perks to it that Post 9/11 doesn't offer. I have a question, I heard that if you complete the program sucessfully they will drop your disability payments. Does anyone know if this is true or not and if it is true where is the law that governs this.

Thanks. Anybody else want to share their experience? Both good and/or bad?

I guess not...LOL

Just found your post. I've recently enrolled online using the Post 9/11, but don't have access to VR&E. I had to take out a student loan to get the program started as the VA hadn't issued my certificate of eligibility before the start of classes (8 Oct 2012). On 5 November, eBenefits showed my eligibility and 2 months deducted from my remaining benefit time so they've started the clock. I'm waiting for ANYTHING to come from the VA ($$) and refund from the school for the tuition I fronted. It's funny: their policy is that if you have a certificate of eligibility, you can start taking classes and only have to cover your books. With a loan, they already have their $$ and now I have to wait for a refund. Either way, grateful for the benefits and I'll post some times