VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Think The Va Screwed Me On My Percentage (Need Help)

Rate this question

marinejay

Question

Yesterday I recieved an unofficial rating letter from the DAV, here is what it stated,

"Service connection for right shoulder impingement syndrome is granted with an evaluation of 0 percent effective Sept 18, 2006, A 10 percent evaluation is assigned from June 7, 2012".

Here is a cliff notes version of my process.

I did and appeal for and increase for my back, in 04 and opened a new claim for right shoulder secondary to my left shoulder and hypertension in 06 , my claim was denied for all three was denied in 08, so i appealed the back pain and it went to BVA asked for a reconsideration and de-novo review for the shoulder and hypertension, I then had a meeting with the claims rep In May of 2012, (yes it took six yrs in san diego), my VSO told me that she was gonna rate me for the right shoulder and my hypertension, but i'll have to do a C&P exam. I had my exam on June 7, 2012 for my right shoulder (new claim) and my back, an appeal from 04. I gues the Doc said the right things and I got a 10% rating for the back, but I think the screwed me, by rating the 10% from June 2012 instead of Sept 2006. That's a difference of 13k plus. I haven't recieved the official va letter. I need some thoughts on this and how to go about it getting the 10% rating dated back to sept 06.

I was thinking about going to the DAV and putting in a NOD for the effective date of my 10% rating back to sept 06, I really need some help on how to fix this. I personally think the VA is trying to screw me.

I got 0 percent rating for hypertesion dated Dec 06.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

What they gave you is called a staged rating. Without having the Reason and Bases contained in your rating decision it is had to give advice on percentage. If you would post that information I would be glad to informed advice.