Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gathering Evidence

Rate this question

AFMedic09

Question

Hello! I won part of my claim in May. I am 40% rated currently. I am wondering what needs to be done for the issues they did not make decisions on, and in eBenefits says "Gathering of Evidence"? I wanted to go back and fight for my mental health claim, but I don't know how to do that. I don't see anyone, and I'm not on medication. (But I should be...I am just embarrassed to go)..I was approved for purposes of treatment for my depression and PTSD, but not rated as disabled for them. (Not even 0%) Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by AFMedic09

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

First, go! Without proof of being treated for a condition, you're going to have to fight to get compensated for it (JMHO). Also, there should be something in their response that points to why you couldn't be rated at this time.

I have to go in tomorrow and register. I thought I already did that when I went for my C&P's, but apparently not. Hopefully this clinic can get me in. The hospital told me they have a 700 person waiting list. :( I just want to see a mental health doctor...I am feeling very down.