VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Argggg I Dont Believe This. Oh So Close Now So Far.

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

I just happened to recieve a call last week to go into my local VA and speak with my PCP. I was thinking that this is a normal yearly check up. Lo and behold I am referred to another PCP due to my previous starting his own practice. I was notified that I have yet another Orthopedic eval In September. Yep folks looks like phase one of my shoulder (both) surgery will be proceding in the next month or two. The frustrating thing is that it just went back into review about 2 weeks ago. The other frustrating thing is that I can GUARANTEE that now my claim will really be delayed. Here I was thinking that I was seeing that green rainbow and now its moving further away. Thanks for the venting session. Now, can someone that has had scapula surgery advise me of maybe what i will be going through rehab and pain wise? Will this convalescent period be compensatable (word?) if I am down. It looks like 6 weeks mimimum. Now that this is going to be planned, will the doctors sign FMLA paperwork? Thanks guys.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I feel your pain....I'm back in Gathering Evidence from Review of Evidence for about two weeks now. If yours stays in ROE for more then a couple of days....expect a letter from VA explaining what info they are now seeking.....I got one about 5 days after it went back to Gathering of Evidence. Sometimes it goes back in the completion phase one day and then the next your at a rater and it moves quickly...I hope this is the case for you.

“A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces, but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers.” - John F. Kennedy

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA knows that you are going to have surgery, you can just about bet that they will delay any decision they can until the surgery is completed. If it's done by the VA, at least the records will be available. You should be eligible for temporary compensation during the hospital stay and recovery period.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Its very frustrating to see this. I at least wont look at ebennies for about a month. I had to step away and really see what is going on. The last ortho appointment that I had was bogus. They stopped the PT (therapists asked doctors what do they want to do due to able to do nothing) and told me to do one exercise to attempt to reverse the muscle Atrophy (compensatable woo hoooo) and that was it. The one exercise made things worse pain wise so i told my primary care doctor. He immediately set up a CONSULT for Ortho. It may be surgery and it may not be. It only took 5 days to move back to Prep for Decision. For the Rater assume this is shocking. I see what you guys mean now. Now I am going to turn the tables. Let them play around with my claim. I am getting depressed "hint hint". You did not perform a proper exam with the proper ROM equipment. You also did no exam on my knees even though they locked up yesterday. I am going to do the opposite of what they are attempting to get me to do. Then, I am going to make myself available to anyone that needs my help. I have acid reflux diagnosed by my PCP. Hmmm.. I bet its from taking 1200 mg of Ibuprophen twice a day for shoulder pain form a vehicle rollover. See where I am going.....