Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Knee Mri Results

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

I have had some knee pain in the past and was orginally rated at 0% for tendoninitis (about 3 years ago) but I don't think this was the most accurate diagnosis or rating. I have been going to a VA doctor and have complained continously about catching, popping, grinding, and pain. I finally had an x-ray and MRI but am not really sure what it means and I definitely can't find anything in the schedule of ratings that matches.. Any help deciphering the write up and how this could possibly be rated (code) would be appreciated.

MRI- thinning of ACL distally…articular cartilage of medial and lateral joint spaces demonstrate mild heterogeneity without evidence of thinning or defect… mild heterogeneity and thinning of the medial and central aspect of the patellar cartilage with no underlying edema……Synovial space-minimal joint effusion is present……mild chondromalacia involving the medial and central portion of the patellar cartilage and early degenerative changes within the cartilage of the medial and lateral joint space.

X-ray-Mild medial compartment narrowing.

Thanks for you help

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I wouldn't over think this too much if I were you.

If you are interested in increased compensation, make a formal claim for increase.

I have had some knee pain in the past and was orginally rated at 0% for tendoninitis (about 3 years ago) but I don't think this was the most accurate diagnosis or rating. I have been going to a VA doctor and have complained continously about catching, popping, grinding, and pain. I finally had an x-ray and MRI but am not really sure what it means and I definitely can't find anything in the schedule of ratings that matches.. Any help deciphering the write up and how this could possibly be rated (code) would be appreciated.

MRI- thinning of ACL distally…articular cartilage of medial and lateral joint spaces demonstrate mild heterogeneity without evidence of thinning or defect… mild heterogeneity and thinning of the medial and central aspect of the patellar cartilage with no underlying edema……Synovial space-minimal joint effusion is present……mild chondromalacia involving the medial and central portion of the patellar cartilage and early degenerative changes within the cartilage of the medial and lateral joint space.

X-ray-Mild medial compartment narrowing.

Thanks for you help