Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Re-Exam?

Rate this question

bigkev4043

Question

Greetings,

I had an C&P Exam on August 31, 2012 for an increase on Post Concussive Syndrome and PTSD in Gainesville FL. Both examination was less than 20 minutes. Obviously yhe examiners did not fully evaluate me. I requested a release of infomation for both examiners. Both where incomplete or all my conditions where not taken under consideration and documented correctly by the examiners. My question is could i request an Re-Exam for these conditions before a final decision is made on my rating?

PCS rated at 10%

PTSD rated at 30%

OSA rated at 50%

Pseudofolliculitis barbae rated at 30%

Tinnitus rated at 10%

Overall SC 80%

Rated in 2006

ADI approved service dog for PTSD July 2012

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

My question is could i request an Re-Exam for these conditions before a final decision is made on my rating?

You could ask....but they could also deny you a re-exam. I have seen claims on appeal (years waiting) - get a reexam when it was remanded back to the RO. In my opinion and just my two cents....I would obtain at least one if not more IMO/IME and also have them fill out the DBQ (Disability Benefit Questionairre) for your contention and then submit them (certified/return receipt requested) directly to your RO as soon as possible. Forgot to add, I would also do a cover letter and explain what your VA C&P consisted of = 20 minutes and what was done during those twenty minutes. Then I would list your attachments (IMO/IME, DBQ's) in the cover letter.

DBQ's are very much like the paperwork the VA/VA contractors fill out during the C&P's. The only thing that is different is they don't have the less/more then likely statement. Your going for an increase, so your already SC'd - no big deal about the less/more likely then (which is usually written in a good IMO anyway). My thinking is always to obtain evidence to refute an incorrect evaluation/exam - the "benefit of the doubt rule" is suppose to go to the vet.

More about the benefit of the doubt rule:

More about DBQ's -

More about IMO's - http://www.hadit.com...by_dr_bash.html

More about C&P rebuttals -

Edited by USMC5811

“A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces, but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers.” - John F. Kennedy

I had an C&P Exam on August 31, 2012 for an increase on Post Concussive Syndrome and PTSD in Gainesville FL. Both examination was less than 20 minutes. Obviously yhe examiners did not fully evaluate me. I requested a release of infomation for both examiners. Both where incomplete or all my conditions where not taken under consideration and documented correctly by the examiners. My question is could i request an Re-Exam for these conditions before a final decision is made on my rating?

PCS rated at 10%

PTSD rated at 30%

OSA rated at 50%

Pseudofolliculitis barbae rated at 30%

Tinnitus rated at 10%

Overall SC 80%

Rated in 2006

ADI approved service dog for PTSD July 2012

Post the entirety of what the exams state- minus your stuff like name, address, claim #, etc.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.