Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claim

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

Would like input on potential for fully developed claim.

Thailand veteran 1970

Orginal claim: 4/2011 IHD, GERD, Chronic renal disease

Denied: 10/11

Appeal: 10/11 at DRO

Filed new claim 9/12 for Diabetes 2, depression , HTN

All of my care is via private physicians . QB submitted for all of the above. All

medical records submitted by me to VA.

I have nothing else to give them . Should I go ahead and file FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM CERTIFICATION (COMPENSATION) or it too late to do this ?

Thank you jim

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I failed to say that the reason for denial was lack of evidence for herbicide exposure on perimeter. Medical evidence is not a issue. I want the claim completed as quick as possibe at DRO because i think i might be more sucessful at the BVA based on some other Thailand claims I have read.

Jim

"the reason for denial was lack of evidence for herbicide exposure on perimeter. "

"I want the claim completed as quick as possibe at DRO because i think i might be more sucessful at the BVA based on some other Thailand claims I have read."

Without proof positive of your Thailand perimeter exposure, due to your MOS and/or duties, and within the dates VA has accepted regarding Thailand service and AO,

as found in the VA Thailand Directive here available under a search,

this claim will fail in my opinion whether denied by a DRO or the BVA.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

"the reason for denial was lack of evidence for herbicide exposure on perimeter. "

"I want the claim completed as quick as possibe at DRO because i think i might be more sucessful at the BVA based on some other Thailand claims I have read."

Without proof positive of your Thailand perimeter exposure, due to your MOS and/or duties, and within the dates VA has accepted regarding Thailand service and AO,

as found in the VA Thailand Directive here available under a search,

this claim will fail in my opinion whether decided by a DRO or by the BVA.

The Thailand directive from VA resulted solely from the efforts of a hadit member, the first Thailand AO veteran awarded.

We have also a few CONUS AO awards here, James Cripps award comes to mind.

I was fortunate to know both of these vets electronically for years and they detailed to me the extensive work they did to prove their exposure to AO.

I am sure that our SVR radio archives here will reveal our SVR interviews with them as well.

BVA decisions for other Thailand veterans will not help prove your specific exposure to AO.

The Thailand Directive, which we would never have except for the work of Kurt Priessman, hadit member, is here:

Berta,

My MOS was Jet Engine Mechanic , placing me on perimeter and trips down to test cell on perimeter. I also was a security augmentee for one month with the 432nd Security police and worked in towers at night. . My military files dont have the augmentee duty because orders were not cut if TDY was less than 89 days.

The 432nd Vietnam security police roster at their web site ( VSPA) has me listed on their list with a ID # but they cannot find out how I got on the list. I am usign this as evidence as well along with some buddies letters stating it was expected that the 432nd FMS would help with security.

Thanks for your response

Jim

That is great!

I assume they didn't have this evidence when they prepared the denial letter and this is good evidence for a strong rebuttal,and they need it ASAP!

I apologize if my post earlier seemed too abrupt.

I hope the buddy letters gave the exact info the VA needs, same period of service, same unit, and hopefully same MOS within the dates noted in the Directive.

I apologize if my earlier post was abrupt.

I have been burned out trying to explain proof of AO exposure to a few vets I know. They dont have the evidence you have and they don't even have any AO presumptives.wacko.png

You,however, are being proactive and that is what it takes.

Not a problem I wanted your input because you tell it like it is.......There is no room for gray in dealing with VA . Yes, we have already sent the info to the VA over one year ago.

Actually my wife is a RN and has worked with hospital denials etc for years and handles my claim. I think she can quote the Thailand stuff etc. So now with that said , should i send a letter to them telling them to work the case and we having nothing else to offer.

This AO stuff is very confusing and part of our denial was using the word AO instead of Direct exposure for Thailand. I am lucky to have someone who understands the process etc.

Thanks Jim and Patsy ( the one who does all the work)