VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Completed Sat 12/15/12

Rate this question

yogi995

Question

My Claim completed Sat 12/15/12, This is the following MONDAY & no change in my AB8 letter. I also checked benefits explorer & payments & my bank----NOTHING CHANGED. I've been at 40% SC for a while, How long does it take for the Houston RO to update the AB8 letter?. I'm thinking I was denied. Guess all I can do now is wait for the envelope & appeal if denied. Anybody got any other idea whats going on? I know Ebenefitsis not that reliable at times.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm thinking they didn't even look at the VES exams..I never got travel pay for them, I couldn't find it on the claim where they listed the evidence they used to make the decision. I'm considering sending a copy of the exams with parts hi lighted with my appeal. It's just that I don't know if I'm supposed to have it.. Don't want to get the DR in trouble.

The VA did pay me for one of my C&P trips using Veterans Evaluation Services. They didn't pay on the other, and when I called to ask about it, the Houston VARO acted like the didn't have a clue that I was even sent. The travel issue might have been due to mishandling by VES. On the occassion when I was paid travel reimbursement, the VES clerk (some office contracted by VES I think) immediately signed and faxed off my travel in front of me, then gave me a copy stamped "Copy" for my own records.

The other ones just took my travel and disappeared down the hall with it.

Do either of your C&P's say the magic presto open sesame words of "At least as likely as not"?

Mark