VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bdd Claims Process

Rate this question

jazz991

Question

Using the Benefits Delivery at Discharge (BDD), to file my VA claim on 2 Jan 13 for an Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (2010), Obstructive sleep apnea with CAP, Diabetes mellitus type II., Nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy with history of congestive heart failure. All the mentioned issues were taken directly from my last MEB paper, but I was returned to duty. I am retiring from the Air Force after 25 years, now the waiting game begins. This site is a wealth of information. Thanks.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Using the Benefits Delivery at Discharge (BDD), to file my VA claim on 2 Jan 13 for an Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (2010), Obstructive sleep apnea with CAP, Diabetes mellitus type II., Nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy with history of congestive heart failure. All the mentioned issues were taken directly from my last MEB paper, but I was returned to duty. I am retiring from the Air Force after 25 years, now the waiting game begins. This site is a wealth of information. Thanks.

if you haven't submitted your claim yet, DO NOT DO A BDD CLAIM! these claims are taking up to 29 months. It's not to late, do a Fully Developed Claim, enclose a copy of all medical documentation to include any med board documents, sleep study results. If you have other medical documentation from a civillian doc, include that as well. Also include VA FM 21-526ez (FDC), VA FM-21-686c (dependency), ensure that you include a copy of your marriage certificate and each of your childrens birth certificate; VA FM 21-4138, on this form tell the VA that you are submitting a FDC and all supporting documents are included. An FDC claim is taking about 90 days, (30 days longer if you are retiring), send to the VARO in the state that you will reside in.

if you haven't submitted your claim yet, DO NOT DO A BDD CLAIM! these claims are taking up to 29 months. It's not to late, do a Fully Developed Claim, enclose a copy of all medical documentation to include any med board documents, sleep study results. If you have other medical documentation from a civillian doc, include that as well. Also include VA FM 21-526ez (FDC), VA FM-21-686c (dependency), ensure that you include a copy of your marriage certificate and each of your childrens birth certificate; VA FM 21-4138, on this form tell the VA that you are submitting a FDC and all supporting documents are included. An FDC claim is taking about 90 days, (30 days longer if you are retiring), send to the VARO in the state that you will reside in.

Where in KY are you? I have an office at the hospital on Ft Knox, I will be there on 1-2-2013, my office phone is 502-624-9189 please call and I will help you in any way I can! Just don't do the BDD!