VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"hip Hip Hooray" And Let Me Say It Again 'hip Hip Hooray"...my Dic Deposit Showed Up In My Bank Account!

mrs rockman (widow of vet)

Question

I had this feeling that I needed to go online and check my bank balance this morning....and THERE IT WAS- MY DIC RETRO!! I am so excited and this has taken so much off of me. I just want to dance! Now, as soon as I know that the monies are not going anywhere, I will apply it all towards my car balance. Rockman bought me a new car the end of December 2011. This is the first new car that we have ever bought.You see Rockman wanted to make sure that I had a reliable car to drive and that I would not need a new car for a long long time.He was always thinking of me, not himself. The new Ford was just a tad bit more than a used car with mileage. This payment will bring my balance down to a very manageable amount.

As you can see, I am so excited that I want to shout!!

Relieved and thankful,

Celia, Mrs. R

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Great - Great news.

Try to be absolutely positive you want to put the that much cash on the car

before doing it. Check any and all outstanding bills first to see what is to your

best advantage financially - and try to keep a little nest egg if possible.

WOW - I know he's smiling a big grin in heaven today !

Great - Great news.

Try to be absolutely positive you want to put the that much cash on the car

before doing it. Check any and all outstanding bills first to see what is to your

best advantage financially - and try to keep a little nest egg if possible.

WOW - I know he's smiling a big grin in heaven today !

Carlie-

You are always very good in helping people think about spending their money wisely and this is such a good thing!! The only thing I owe right now is my car. Now, after Monday, I will owe a sizable amount for my bridge work. I have it set up for 24 months same as cash.Too bad Champva has not added the dental yet. I do not believe in paying interest unless I absolutely have no choice (ie a house). I am so thankful that I can see the light on the rainbow on becoming debt free!!

I am very careful to make sure I have monies tucked back and do not go into it for just plain "I feel like spending some cash today" days. If it is not in my checking account, then I do not need it.

I use the envelope system and for example I put XX amount of $'s in an envelope each month for my utilities (and all other normal monthly expenditures). If my utillities are way less than the allloted amount, then I carry it over to the next month. This way if I get a real big utility bill one month, then it is there waiting for me. When I happen to accumulate plenty of reserve, then I will I take out some and "treat myself" to something that I would not ordinarily buy myself. You need to treat yourself from time to time just to know you can and to feel good.. no, feel great!!

I know David is smiling. I know he would want me to be able to get through this difficult time and this helps me face each day. It is so hard and no one really understands what you are going through. People are afraid to talk to you, for they do not know what to say, so they just say NOTHING! You know, I can get through this and I am a SURVIVOR!!!

Thank you Carlie for all the work that you do here and all of the research and help you bring to the table.

God Bless you, Carlie!

Celia

Chata would love to meet Mitty Girl - sad about waiting for companion who won't return but we're all limited time offers so it's good to appreciate each other while we can.

We had lots of fun but I pushed the box truck a lil too hard on the border and traded it in for a Chevy. We just arrived in Santa Fe and rented a place to explore this area.

The adventure continues for us - thanks in part to Rockman and all others who've served to obtain and preserve our liberty.

Live well, Celia! smile.png

Celia,

Glad you've done your homework and YES - for sure we need to treat ourselves a bit

here and there.

Sure wish there were something more available for your dental work that needs to be done.

Life is coming together for you - a different life without David, but still a life for you

that I feel sure he would want you to live and enjoy, to the fullest amount possible.

If I read and understood it right - getting the car was his way of trying to be sure you

had good, dependable transportation after he was gone - so you be sure to have someone

keep a check on all the fluids and changing them, etc . .

Maybe you and the car will be able to take a little trip and have a little adventure sometime

before too long, maybe fulfill something you've always wanted to do : - )

Here's a big cyber hug for you !

Celia,

Glad you've done your homework and YES - for sure we need to treat ourselves a bit

here and there.

Sure wish there were something more available for your dental work that needs to be done.

Life is coming together for you - a different life without David, but still a life for you

that I feel sure he would want you to live and enjoy, to the fullest amount possible.

If I read and understood it right - getting the car was his way of trying to be sure you

had good, dependable transportation after he was gone - so you be sure to have someone

keep a check on all the fluids and changing them, etc . .

Maybe you and the car will be able to take a little trip and have a little adventure sometime

before too long, maybe fulfill something you've always wanted to do : - )

Here's a big cyber hug for you !

Carlie,

Yes, you are right. The car was his way of making sure that I did not break down on the road...his protection for me still lives on.. each day that I get into the car and go somewhere. I still look over at the passenger's seat, pat it, and say "David, I love you, sweetie pie". Then after I say that, I can drive.

Let me tell you something. Just last night I was in the next town (about 15 miles or so) and I was on my way to West TN Hospice to hear a very good speaker on grief. On the way to town, I had this very strange and uneasy feeling come over me and thought then to turn around, but I wanted so badly to go hear the guy. It was on "Moving along after a Loss". My low tire pressure light came on just as I was in town. Of course you know you cannot find many places to check your air and it was raining cats and dogs ( and they were Big cats & Big dogs). I pulled over and had this bad feeling again about going on. I turned around and headed back home and wanted to get to the Ford dealership before they closed. About 3 miles down the road, I felt more uneasy. I decided to pull in to Walmart and have them check the pressure for me. I was already "ready for them" with "no, I do not want to buy any tires, just air me up for I am on my way to my dealership". I was low and they aired me up, no chrage and no asking for me to buy a tire. I went by my dealershiip and talked to them. They said to show up and 7:45, which I did. I was going to make an appointment for my oil change for next week, but they went on and did it all for me. They didn't find a nail or anything, but told me to watch it. They even told me after the rebates, I was paying less. They gave me a discount which was so nice of them. They all knew David and was so patient with him when we shopped for our car. He could be a real "pistol" or a real PITA, but he knew what he was willing to pay and he stuck to it. You go David!!

After we bought the car, we got in the mail from our Ford dealer to come in and they would give us so much on a trade in. Bear in mind, they already had the trade in when we got our Foocus. So, Rockman went in there with the letter in hand and asked for that money. Surely, he said, that if you send me the letter, you will honor me with the cash. You can tell what the ending of this story is.

By the way, the guys just got through getting my insulation in my attic. For the first time in 17 years, the temperature is actually a litle more than what I set it for. The guy even insulated some in my bath closet where the hot water tank is. He also got up on a 8' ladder and checked an old return air vent to see if had been blocked off and then asked for a rag and cleaned the entire vent cover. You see, my ceiling is 11' high.

I am soooo sorry that I kept rambling on. I just started typing and I kinda got carried away.

I promise I will close now and I am sending a big hug back your way.

Thanks for all of your supporrt.

Celia