Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eed Appeal Won.....whats Next?

Rate this question

soundtweak

Question

I have recently won my appeal for an earlier effective date of 1996 from 2003. My letter from the Board of Veterans Appeals was very detailed concerning the case history and related codes, but it does not list what my rating decission is. Does my case now go back to my RO for them to decide? I am just curious as to how they rate this and what the time frame could be? Thanks!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I have recently won my appeal for an earlier effective date of 1996 from 2003. My letter from the Board of Veterans Appeals was very detailed concerning the case history and related codes, but it does not list what my rating decission is. Does my case now go back to my RO for them to decide? I am just curious as to how they rate this and what the time frame could be? Thanks!

Can you post the decision, w/your personal info blackened out?

Is it a remand . . . award . . . or what?

Generally, they send it back to the RO to apply what they've decided. If it's a win, they could make a staged rating award. Posting the decision would certainly help us answer your questions.

pr

Most times BVA will make a decision (which you will get a copy of), and if the decision does not specify a certain evaluation (%) then it will just say that the issue is granted. After that your file will head back to the RO and they will make a decision on the evaluation you will receive. My experience in this area is that the decision is usually a 0%.

If it is a Remand then no actual decision has been made. A Remand will have detailed steps that BVA is instructing the RO to follow.