VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Posting/editing Test

Rate this question

Guest avet

Question

VA Law References http://www.hadit.com/library/law/lawindex.htm

U.S.C. United States Code U.S.C.A. United States Code Annotated U.S.C.S. U.S. Code Service C.F.R. Code of Federal Regulations

United States Code is the law and the U.S.C. is the governments official copy of the code. U.S.C.A. contain everything that is printed in the official U.S. Code but also include annotations to case law relevant to the particular statute. Like the U.S.C.A., the U.S.C.S. contains everything that is printed in the official U.S. Code but also include annotations to case law relevant to the particular statute. The C.F.R. is the interpretation of the law.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confusing Right? Just remember the U.S.C. is the law, the C.F.R. is how they interpret the law and last but certainly not least is the V.A. adjudication manuals that is how they apply the law. The section of the law that covers the veterans benefits is Title 38 in the U.S.C. in the C.F.R. is usually written 38 C.F.R. or something similar, V.A. frequently requested manuals are listed below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VA M-21 Compensation and Pension Manual VA M-21-4 C & P Authorization Procedures VA M28-3 Vocational Rehabilitation Internal Control in Vocational Rehabilitation and Counseling VA M29-1 VBA Insurance Operations Manual

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Thanks for adding M21-1 -

I could not live without it-

A vet also has to be aware up updates or changes to the regs-and to M21-1-

major changes- we all seem to get word of right away-

but if a vet is using an older version of a reg this could sure hurt their claim-

I suggest too that any vet attempting a CUE claim involving a potentially good amount of retro

or with complex issues should either try to borrow a current VBM from a library or someone or buy it for about 130 ? bucks via NVLSP or Lexis Nexis. I use it every day.

The Veterans Benefit Manuals -I have them back to 1991- are an excellent source of

info all all types of VA claims-

having older versions sometimes helps determine CUE regs in existence at times of old CUES.The regs however change and are updated in successive manuals-

New manuals appear to duplicate much in old manuals yet- these are law supplements and this is normal legal procedure-for annual supplements- not a waste of money at all to get the latest every year-

New manuals contain the NVLSP take on the latest in VA claims regs-CAVC decisions , etc.

I dont work for NVLSP- I just feel this is an excellent investment- if a vet has to buy the VBM-

to help them resolve many types of claims.

My POA has one or two only because I donated them - Every vet rep and NSO should have updated VBMs as NVLSP probably provided their initial POA training and they should keep up with the latest NVLSP manuals.

Berta