• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reconsideration Letter

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Below is my letter to the VA for a reconsideration:

Dear Sir:

I am hereby requesting a “RECONSIDERATION” of my award dated July, 16th 2012 for hearing loss and an Earlier Effective Date of 1983.

The award for service condition for hearing loss is based on the same information that was in my file in 1983 when I was denied. I am asking for a total review of my hearing loss issue in my C-file and an award date of 1983 based on these facts.

The examiner stated in 1983 that I had normal hearing on both my entrance and exit exams, that is clearly wrong, my exams each showed a high frequency loss on both. Subsequently the rater appears to base his/her decision base at the time on the examiners remarks and denied service connection.

I would appreciate a quick review of this matter and award due to the fact of my over all health condition.

Thank you,

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

1. looks good.
  2. could you include the records that showed hearing loss in 83 and highlight the readings and attach internet articles showing the normal ranges.
  3. it might help
  4. i don't know why these numbers started showing up :(*

You know I did give some thought to my doing their work for them but decided not to. My thinking in not doing that is that just maybe the individual doing the review will actually take the time and actually read it!

Not only where my numbers good or should I say bad enough for a rating but I also had mention of otitius media on all my exam and that should have been awarded at the very least?!!

This claim and their finally making it SC in from 2005 but their approval almost mirrors the same denial in 1983. The point has never been if I suffer from hearing loss but wether it should be SC?!

I am hoping this will do the trick if not I hoping this will move faster than the last one that took 7 years!!

Stillhere