Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

By Law Upgrade On Scd

Rate this question

KDM

Question

I need to know if there is a coralation between foliculitus and chronic dermatitus.

I am 10 percent for a skin condition known as Foliculitus and have also had similar out breaks on my back, arms, neck, head, all over my body in spots constant itching changing of clothes shower twice a day and have had boils under my arms due to irratation of the hair, confinment etc, I put in for the upgrade and wonder if I have done it properly i have documented evidence ie the VA and the many times I have been to the Doctors for these problems even had and out break underneath my arms while in the Military should be documented.

What should i be expecting in terms of response should i hand in citings of other cases and what percentage if any could i expect thank you for yuor time KDM, I am in NY area.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Neither your opinion, my opinion, nor a CAVC judge's opinion matters as to whether or not there is a link between foliculitus and chronic dermatitus. The only opinion that matters is a doctor (or qualified medical professional) who decides if there is a link in your case.

Read your C and P exams, and also medical exams, to see if your doc provided such a link, that is opined they are related. If he did, then you need only continue with your application/appeal, and perhaps point out in a 21-4138 your docs opinion.

However, if your doc did not make such a nexus, then you will need an IMO/IME if your doc made one of these opinions which could result in a denial:

1. The doc said nothing and did not provide a nexus.

2. The doc made a statement opining that your foliculitus and dermatintus (and thus military service) are NOT related. That is, the Doc wrote an opinion that the VA can use to deny.

Only another medical opinion can "overcome" a negative medical opinion

Edited by broncovet