Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Audio C & P And Dbq Mistakes

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

I had a C & P exam a couple of weeks ago for hearing loss and here are the results of the audio test.

right ear

1000, 2000, 3000, 4000

55 70 75 75 Avg is 69

Left ear

1000, 2000, 3000, 4000

50 65 75 75 Avg is 66

SRT 85db, 91db, 97db

RE 60% 52% 72%

SRT 85db, 91db, 97db

LE 44% 64% 60%

Now the DBQ that the audiologist filled out.

right ear

1000, 2000, 3000, 4000

50 65 70 70 Avg is 64

left ear

1000, 2000, 3000, 4000

50 65 75 65 Avg is 64

SRT she used the two best ones which are 72% and 64%.

Now I don't know if the rater uses the DBQ or the audio test to rate the hearing loss but, if you go by the audio test I should get 30%, if you go by the DBQ I would get 20%. I can smell a CUE here big time.

Would like some thoughts on this.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I went to the VA this morning to speak with my VSO and of course he was not there but, I did speak to someone about the mistake I found and they said to go directly to the audiologist and ask her to fix the mistake. Well I had to leave my number and she called me. Ok! here is where it gets interesting I told her what I had found and she didn't think it was a big deal. I then explained to her what the differences meant to the rating and she said she would do an amendment and send it in. Now she did not know what the DBQ was she called it a C & P report. She also told me that the rater would not see the actual audio report only the C & P report. Now this brings up a good question, how many vets out there either got no rating or possibly a lower rating because a doctor input the wrong numbers in the report. I think it would behoove every vet that has filed a claim that may require any type of number to be input on the report make sure they are correct. I am going to go by the FOIA office on Friday and ask for a copy of the amendment she sent in hopefully.

Edited by boomer2