Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

vet12

Question

6604 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:

FEV-1 less than 40 percent of predicted value, or; the ratio of Forced Expiratory Volume in one second to Forced Vital Capacity (FEV-1/FVC) less than 40 percent, or; Diffusion Capacity of the Lung for Carbon Monoxide by the Single Breath Method (DLCO (SB)) less than 40-percent predicted, or; maximum exercise capacity less than 15 ml/kg/min oxygen consumption (with cardiac or respiratory limitation), or; cor pulmonale (right heart failure), or; right ventricular hypertrophy, or; pulmonary hypertension (shown by Echo or cardiac catheterization), or; episode(s) of acute respiratory failure, or; requires outpatient oxygen therapy.

FEV-1 of 40- to 55-percent predicted, or; FEV-1/FVC of 40 to 55 percent, or; DLCO (SB) of 40- to 55-percent predicted, or; maximum oxygen consumption of 15 to 20 ml/kg/min (with cardiorespiratory limit)

FEV-1 of 56- to 70-percent predicted, or; FEV-1/FVC of 56 to 70 percent, or; DLCO (SB) 56- to 65-percent predicted

FEV-1 of 71- to 80-percent predicted, or; FEV-1/FVC of 71 to 80 percent, or; DLCO (SB) 66- to 80-percent predicted

I had a Pulmonary Function test and the tech stated on my report that " The patient was unable to produce acceptable and reproducible lung volume due to Hyperventilating and not being able to settle down. Spirometry data is acceptable and repeatable 2 puffs Albuterol MDI given with spacer and instruction. Good effort."

FVC shows an 87% and FEV1 shows an 95%.(Spirometry)

DLCO shows an 87% and DL Adj shows 87% (Diffusing Capacity (DLCO))

FVC shows an 87% and FVC1 SHOWS 87% (Spirometry Tabular Results)

I am assuming an 87% after medication (Albuterol) but unable to complete test otherwise. 80% is the starting point for a 10% if I a reading correctly. I wasn't able to complete the test. Is this grounds for a claim? The tech said I had given a "Good Effort".

I am presently at 0% for COPD.

Any advice would be appreciated.

vet12

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet