VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For Berta Or Tom

Rate this question

MarineDog

Question

I need help please! I would like to know if there are any applicable VA laws concerning my situation. I had my last of 2 C&P exams on June 30, 2005 and I have the completed transcripts in my hands. I have also sent them to the RO via certified receipt. When I call the main VA number (800-827-1000) all they can tell me is that my file is still at the VAMC and they can’t proceed on my claim without my c-file. I have talked to the C&P lady at the VAMC and she said the Doctor is still working on it and doesn’t know why. According to the main VA number, my file should have been back at the RO on July 19, 2005.

My question for you, the brains, is what if any law (s) does the VA have for my situation? What timeframe does the VAMC have to return the Veterans C-file back to the RO after a completed exam?

Thank you for your help and advisement!!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Todd,you are caught in the trap of VAMC, The vile can abd will be helt until doctor finashes his report. I know how I handled the same thing. Call your PT Rep. and ask him to check on the progress of the exam. Many times the doctor will have forgotten. The rep. has the ability to help move it along with a reminder. I advise you to go this route of protocal.If it is at Temple VAMC lete me know.I have connections in mailroom,FOI and receiving --where the C files are sent . Let me know if this route helps DS

Semper FI Ist Marine div.Ist FSR Guam

Edited by DSTARR

I would ask first - the Patient Rep andif that doesn't produce a good reason- I would ask to see the Director-

I wonder if anything at this C & P triggered something else- and that is why they need it-

what I mean a diabetes C & P could trigger additional C & Ps for complications- vision exam, heart, etc-

Not saying this is your case- but the VAMC might actually have a good reason-

more than likely they don't though-

They might be waiting a VA Van schedule, to put the c files on.

I dont know of any law to help you-at this point - you have to pursue this with the VAMC.