Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allowance Time Again

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I went to the Prosthetic Department at my local VA Medical Center as directed by letter I received. I took my damage clothes and was wearing my devices as I do daily. I was ask if I was wear my devices and I told them yes. He wrote on letter that I was wearing devices and said I will make you a copy to keep. I ask him don't you want to see my damage clothing, he said that's not necessary, I said yes it is and I pulled out every thing I brought with me and showed him. He then said ok, I make that copy now. I said first you need to annotate on the letter that you observed my damaged clothing, he said okay and wrote on it and said would you like a copy now and I said yes I would. Veterans, please make sure that they make note of all damage clothing otherwise they could deny you allowance just like they did last year with me. My appeal is still waiting a decision. I was receiving a clothing allowance for over ten years and when they changed to dual allowances I was denied one of them because they stated that it was not noted that I showed damaged clothing even though I did but because it was not noted it was denied so I only received one allowance.

TheImpaler

I called VISN 8 today. They put me in touch with someone from Bay Pines VAMC. They had tampa VAMC call me. The Tampa person said - some vets have gotten their CAs. But, its up to the St. Pete VARO to dispense the checks. Seems if you are getting multi-CAs, they are taking longer to pay out. i was told the pay in FL goes to MID-OCTOBER.

The VA never gives you something nice, without messing with you.

I am with you, still waiting here for Tampa to get busy. Still have not recieved any approval letter, I have 4 CAs. Hopefully they do not come back and say they lost my forms.

TheImpaler

I am with you, still waiting here for Tampa to get busy. Still have not recieved any approval letter, I have 4 CAs. Hopefully they do not come back and say they lost my forms.

Tampa sent me an approval letter on 14 Jun 13. According to the 800-827-1000 number, checks will b mailed from 1 Sept to 31 Oct 13. However, as "Ice" stated, he got his weeks ago and he's in FL.

The VA once again showing how negligent they can be.