Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

I AM GOING FOR A C&P EXAM NEXT WEEK FOR MY HEART,I SEND IN ALL THE IMFORMATION AND THEY HAVE REPORTS OF ME, HAVING CAD, FROM MY DOCTORS . WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO ASK ,IF THEY HAVE ALL THE IMFORMATION ALREADY FOR THIS ILLNESS?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

The VA examiner will review your records both paper and electronic. He will examine you just like a regular doctor appointment. He will open his computer and pull up the VA DBQ examination for Cardiovascular and he will proceed to file out the forms. Occasionally asking you questions. After about 15 to 20 minutes he will be done. He will complete the opinion portion of the DBQ or he will answer whatever the RVSR asked the examiner to address when the exam was ordered by the RVSR. Once the exam is complete it is sent to the VA for review.

If the examiner believes your heart condition is service connected or if your heart condition is considered presumptive based on RVN service and is conceded as related to service he will so state in the examination report. Then once the RVSR receives the report he takes the answer to each examination question and enters it into the evaluation builder (data entry program), and the evaluation builder tells the RVSR what your level of disability is. If the exam shows you do not have a heart condition, or the heart condition is not related to service, or there is no link between your heart condition and service you will be denied.

Here is the link of for the DBQ exams. You can look at the exam for cardio conditions. If you read it, you will read all the questions you may be asked, as the examiner has to answer them. If he does not know the answer he will ask you questions. Of course he will ask your current limitations and what your heart conditions keeps you from doing. For example , he will want to know about things like inability to walk more than 100 yards, or can't lift or carry more than 15 pounds without being out of breath. Those sorts of questions. Hope this helps. Relax and don't be stressed you will be fine.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSATION/dbq_listbysymptom.asp

Edited by harleyman