Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed On A Saturday

Rate this question

88 mike

Question

Checked on ebenefits this morning and it said that my claim was closed on Saturday 8/3/2013. Are the raters working on the weekend? My Claim was to recoup back pay from back surgery which placed me out of work for a year. The VA only paid me for 4 months because they said that's all that's allotted for back surgery, unless the surgeon says that you need additional time to recover. So my doctor typed a letter stating when I had my surgery and when I was able to return to work. He also stated why and listed all the issues with my back. Does anybody feels that I submitted enough evidence?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yep, the RO's are working on Saturdays, some Sundays, nights and holidays to bring down the backlog. At our RO we start at 6:00 am and the last people leave at 12:30 am. on weekdays, and 7am to 5:50 on the weekends. Management, DRO, RVSR VSR, CA, File clerks, et al. - Yep, sounds like you sent in what was needed. Your doctor stated there was more recovery time necessary. I can't think of anything else you you could have sent in. It appears you will be hearing something soon.

Edited by harleyman

88 mike,

Congrats on your claim.

And yes like harleyman said, they are working on the weekends. I received a call on a Saturday morning from my RO updating me on my claim.

Of course, like most of us here, I am still waiting for completion.

OSC

Yep, the RO's are working on Saturdays, some Sundays, nights and holidays to bring down the backlog. At our RO we start at 6:00 am and the last people leave at 12:30 am. on weekdays, and 7am to 5:50 on the weekends. Management, DRO, RVSR VSR, CA, File clerks, et al.

Hey Harleyman, you guys working overtime on everyone's claims or are you limited to a certain set of very overdue claims? Sure seems like my RO is focused solely on a tough bunch of very old claims...and mine isn't one of them. :sad: