VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A & A

Rate this question

admiral7

Question

What is the current rates and where to find these for a veteran needing aid and attendance.I can't find this under the ratings table or SMC

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Is your wife a veteran? The spouse of a veteran may also qualify for A&A, she/he needs to qualify with the same critera as any veteran. I try to find the standard application form sometime today . http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-...fr3_main_02.tpl See 3.352

Edited by Rich T

Is your wife a veteran? The spouse of a veteran may also qualify for A&A, she/he needs to qualify with the same critera as any veteran. I try to find the standard application form sometime today . http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-...fr3_main_02.tpl See 3.352

no,she is not a veteran.the dav filed it for me.i didnt even know she could get it!will she get catagory 4 health care benefits? can she go to the va for treatments? i know the va dosnt do the ldl-aphersis treatments ,i checked,would they pay for her treatments in o maha?(university of nebraska)$10000 per month to keep her alive. my ins. only has a 1million $ cap. 7 more years it will be gone.shes 52. thanks boogee

My wife is not a veteran, but gets A&A @ $122/mo. The only medical that I am familiar with from VA is ChampVA because of my 100% T&P. She is primary medicare, and ChampVA secondary.

Use form VA 21-2680 attached.

my claim file has been farmed out for a dicision,supposedly within a month to see if i can get unemployability and aa for my wife,+champva???in the mean time my wife has been denied once for social security disability, we have appealed;i am 58 on ssd since 2003.i kept my medical ins from work (pella corp) coba and i got them to put my wife on my pella medical ins (cobra)i pay about 600$ per month for our ins. but i can keep it till im 65.with the million $ cap, my wife will use that up in 7 or 8 years!her treatments cost over 10000$ a month.this all started with my wife oct.2005 she will need these treatments for the rest of her life. bogee she s 52 p.s. i have read that if you get aid and attendance ,you can get catagory 4 va healthcare. look up catagory 4 health care,?????i hope it include a.a. spouse??