Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Complete, Now What?

Rate this question

hintond

Question

My claim was closed on 08/08/2013. The VA rep couldn't tell me anything on the phone other than the letter was being mailed that day. She told me to log into ebenefits and there may be some helpful information. Upon log in I see there is an AB8 letter stating my percentage and benefit amount effective 08/01/2013 ( which I have not received yet). I was told from beginning I would be paid back pay back to my final day in the Army, is this effective date listed on AB8 meaning I am only getting paid back to August 1st, 2013? Also, should I expect my regular monthly benefit will like start coming on Sept. 1st? Once a claim is closed how long does it take to see the money? One more question I can see already by the AB8 they did not include my dependents, should I wait until I actually start seeing the money to add the dependents? Sorry for so many questions and thank you in advance for any helpful information I receive.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Veterans for Bernie lol, I know, I just dont understand how people cant understand that Bernie Sanders wants to destroy the Value of all those things you think have value, If you and i can get a Peace Prize or if you and i can get the same college degree for free, then where does the required success come in to create the cimpetition to get these things.

I joined the military to earn benefits, now i just learned that the VA home loan is available to NON veternas, Almost 40 percent of VA benefits sent out are to people that never served in the military, But i digress, I really hope this HADIT didnt get sold, in 2011 every veteran swore by it, but never did i think i would see such foolishness. The problem with giving everything to everyone for free whether or not they worked for it or earned it is so complicated to post in a forum, but i hope you will seriously reconsider the Guy that didnt work for the first 30 years of his life, Only in American can our homeless aspire and possibly become President of the Country, As Obamaknaughts continue swearing everything is so much better, especially for veterans

August 1. 213 is your effective date, but not your initial date of claim. You will be paid backpay to the initial date which ever that may be. For instance, I filed my claim on 7/2010, but retired on 9/2010, so when my claim was decided on 6/2013. My paid started the day after I retired. So if you didn't retire and let's say you filed your on 1/1/2012 then you will get paid from 1/1/2012. The 8/1/2013 is only used as the effective date that you will be paid from now on, but that date doesn't include any retro pay. Hope this makes sense.

Good luck, and Congrats.

Aggie.