Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Asking For Increase On Just A Few Service Connected Disabilities

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

Can I just go for an increase on some of my SC disabilities without them opening up my others? I was worried about doing it when I first got my claim approved. I didnt appeal anything and it has been 5 years since they gave me just 0% on some and none on others. The evidence was in my records but I could not afford to see Dr's for my issues. My family really suffered because of it too. Does that mean I can't apply for the ones that were not rated at all?

Can you pull up your disability ratings for individual disabilities on Ebenefits? I know I can get my overall rating.

Thanks

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Can I just go for an increase on some of my SC disabilities without them opening up my others? I was worried about doing it when I first got my claim approved. I didnt appeal anything and it has been 5 years since they gave me just 0% on some and none on others. The evidence was in my records but I could not afford to see Dr's for my issues. My family really suffered because of it too. Does that mean I can't apply for the ones that were not rated at all?

Can you pull up your disability ratings for individual disabilities on Ebenefits? I know I can get my overall rating.

Thanks

Yes you can open a claim for individual conditions. You do not need to open a claim for increase for all your conditions.

If you could tell us what you are currently rated for and the percent you will recieve a lot more help as far as "reopening a claim", from the Hadit memebrs.. If you were rated with a "0" percent it is likely your condition(s) may have worsened since you received that or those ratings.

You don't have to share you real name or that info- just let us know what you are service connected for or if you got NSC for pension for any of the claimed conditions.. Your rating decision has those broken down and separated on the decision.

Yes you can open a claim for individual conditions. You do not need to open a claim for increase for all your conditions.

If you could tell us what you are currently rated for and the percent you will recieve a lot more help as far as "reopening a claim", from the Hadit memebrs.. If you were rated with a "0" percent it is likely your condition(s) may have worsened since you received that or those ratings.

You don't have to share you real name or that info- just let us know what you are service connected for or if you got NSC for pension for any of the claimed conditions.. Your rating decision has those broken down and separated on the decision.

I am going to the VA hospital tomorrow and will see if I can get a copy.

I know currently I have: PTSD/Depression/Insomnia 70%

DDD for back at 20%

They said I didnt show up for all my appointments for hypertension which I was diagnosed with in service. I went to all the appointments that I was aware. I went 3 or more times within the same week. I did not appeal so I dont know if I can still claim it or not.

My back is really screwed up and I take narcotic pain med everyday for it. They had me do a ROM and it hurt but I went just a little further because they asked me to. I felt I got screwed on that one. Still appreciate what I am getting tho.

Thanks

The VA can evaluate ALL your Conditions if they choose Just because you only want one increased if they feel there may have been a significant change on the other they may choose to review that while your in the office.....Then again I got Two new Service Connected Issues I didn't ask for last time because they were observed at the time of the exam.

Mike

Vet 201060....

are you employed?

When you got up to 80% did the VA consider you for TDIU or were you still employed at that time?

"They said I didnt show up for all my appointments for hypertension which I was diagnosed with in service. I went to all the appointments that I was aware. I went 3 or more times within the same week. I did not appeal so I dont know if I can still claim it or not."

You can and should re open that claim but you will need new and material evidence.I would think proof of those appointments you kept might be enough to satisfy the N & M criteria but I am not sure....

Or did the VA mean you missed a C & P exam? If you were at that exam and VA said you werent , there should be a C & P exam result ion your C file.

Also your drug med profile might help show that you HBP med was continuously prescribed (and even raised) due to your keeping of those HBP appointments.

I assume you still get VA care for the HBP.

Vet 201060....

are you employed?

When you got up to 80% did the VA consider you for TDIU or were you still employed at that time?

"They said I didnt show up for all my appointments for hypertension which I was diagnosed with in service. I went to all the appointments that I was aware. I went 3 or more times within the same week. I did not appeal so I dont know if I can still claim it or not."

You can and should re open that claim but you will need new and material evidence.I would think proof of those appointments you kept might be enough to satisfy the N & M criteria but I am not sure....

Or did the VA mean you missed a C & P exam? If you were at that exam and VA said you werent , there should be a C & P exam result ion your C file.

Also your drug med profile might help show that you HBP med was continuously prescribed (and even raised) due to your keeping of those HBP appointments.

Vet 201060....

are you employed?

I have been on HBP medicine for 4 or 5 years now. I was not at time of the claim. The claim is from 2007. Do I need to reopen another claim for it? I had my blood pressure checked today while on meds and it was only 150/85. I read the 160 and 90 or both and didnt know if that meant with meds or not. Does anyone know how that works? They were referring to a C&P exam.