Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allottment Ny Quistions?

Rate this question

KDM

Question

Any news on clothing allottments in NY or NJ?

Are they processing the claims at the Regional office, or where?

Any body get it for using ointments and did anyone get two or more?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

clothing allowance is paid by the prosthetic department at your VA hospital. The regional office has nothing to do with this. Unless your condition is static, you could be in store for a long wait.

The va reduced its list of creams that they were granting the clothing allowance for. Also, many vets that wear a knee brace will be disappointed. The va is not paying for certain knee braces any more. The company that makes these braces made a statement recently, that their products do not cause wear and tear.

You can apply for more than one clothing allowance, I have a veteran that I had assisted who received 3 clothing allowances, so it is possible.

I am telling everyone to request a copy of that letter from the manufacturer that states that through the FOIA. I recently contacted a distributor of the braces that I got about this false claim that it doesn't cause wear and tear of clothing and they stated that they cannot guarantee that it won't wear out your clothing but it is design to lessen it. I wear my braces everyday and my shirts are looking very worn in the back and my pants almost has a hole in from rubbing on the brace. I took them to prosthetics and they check my clothing and wrote down that their were defects in my clothing where the brace would be. I also wrote the manufacturer of my braces and they refuse to say whether or not it would not cause clothing wear.

Anyone knows that when you have to objects rubbing together that over time it will cause wear. Do not let the Va fool you on this!