VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cad Vs Chd

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

Had a cp exam for my heart for ao,I am a vn vet,they ask me if I had chd,I said no.I found out that I have cad,it is in my records.Is there a diffence between the two,and did I say the right thing that I didn't have chd?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

CAD (Coronary heart disease) Ichemic heart disease (IHD), artriosclerotic heart disease hardening of the arteries

CHF (Congestive heart failure) inability of the heart to pump/ function efficiently

These are considered different conditions. I don't know the context of the question exactly the doctor asked you. Did you tell the doctor you have been diagnosed or treated for CAD? If you told him you have CAD or IHD you will most likely be ok. If you didn't tell him anything about your heart other than "no" to CHF then I am not sure. Here is the rating schedule for AO presumptive heart disease.

Conditions rated for heart related to Agent Orange are under "arteriosclerotic heart disease" also known as CAD

7005 Arteriosclerotic heart disease (Coronary artery disease): With documented coronary artery disease resulting in: Chronic congestive heart failure, or; workload of 3 METs or less results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of less than 30 percent 100 More than one episode of acute congestive heart failure in the past year, or; workload of greater than 3 METs but not greater than 5 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of 30 to 50 percent 60 Workload of greater than 5 METs but not greater than 7 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; evidence of cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation on electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, or X-ray 30 Workload of greater than 7 METs but not greater than 10 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; continuous medication required 10 Note: If nonservice-connected arteriosclerotic heart disease is superimposed on service-connected valvular or other non-arteriosclerotic heart disease, request a medical opinion as to which condition is causing the current signs and symptoms.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have both conditions but I was diagnosed with CAD first and the CHF is a progressive condition that gets worse as time passes you need to get the CAD SC as related to AO then get the CHF becomes a symptom of the CAD, normally with CHF the docs want to implant a ICD/defib have they discussed this with you? The VA approved a FEE basis doc to put my unit in and now they read and follow the unit at the VAMC good luck getting your records straight

When I went for the cp exam,she ask me 2 or 3 times if I had chf and I said no.I can't remember if I told her that I have cad.It should be in her notes that I gave her from the hospital that I have cad.I hope I didn't

mess up,if I did not tell her,beginning to worry about this.