Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remanded Appeals The Laws And The Time Frame

Rate this question

KDM

Question

I am curious about the time frame of a remanded appeal because I received a letter and they said they will decide my claim in thirty days if I do not submit more evidence I sent them a letter stating I have no more evidence and please expedite my claim anyone have any experience on this matter or those laws below thank you.

Public Law (PL) 103-446, Veterans Benefits Improvement Act of 1994, mandates that remanded appeals be given special attention and expeditious processing.

The VACOLS coordinator and Veterans Service Center (VSC) management are responsible for close control and timely processing of BVA remanded appeals.

Upon receipt of a BVA remanded appeal the

• mailroom stamps the top of the document to show the date received
  • claims folder is delivered to the Decision Review Officer (DRO), Veterans Service Center Manager (VSCM), or his/her designee on the same day, and
  • DRO, VSCM, or his/her designee ensures that
  • the top document shows the date received
  • review and development of the remand are initiated within 15 days from the date of receipt, and
  • VACOLS is updated within seven days. (Note: Use of end product (EP) 170 to control the remand is optional.)

Important: The VSC should implement BVA’s grant or partial grant of benefits in any favorable decision before initiating development of the remanded appeal.

Upon receipt of the requested evidence or after a reasonable effort to obtain evidence, the DRO or designee

• prepares a new decision or supplemental statement of the case (SSOC), and
  • Returns the case to BVA after expiration of the 30-day response period.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

That was A VCAA letter. Everyone gets one. You have 30 days to turn your answer in.

We usually just call it for face value. (Another Stall Tatic) If at the AMC or Black Hole it is a tatic to use as ammo to pass back to the BVA whio catches it and passes it back to the AMC. This process can be repeated over and over again,

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.