Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weather Patterns...

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Okay I have Spinal DDD and DJD (Osteoarthritis) throughout my whole back. A friend of me posted on facebook that the cold front that is currently over Florida is hurting him pretty bad. He is a DAV like the rest of us and has had 4 surgeries on his back.

But, whenever cold dry fronts like this comes down to Florida I get better and I thought about moving to the North Pole or even Alaska. Now, during the summer and and rain that comes in is when I hurt really bad.

Basically he has DDD and DJD like a lot of us but how come mine is so different than his on these weather patterns? Is this normal for people to have the same type of arthritis but different weather patterns effects each on differently?

This is just weird.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

It could be as simple as which weather you prefer. Personal perception and attitude towards something influences how it affects us. Chronic pain is delt with by different people different ways, but in general, when people are un-happy their chronic pain almost always is perceived as worse.

Hmmm I never thought about that. Maybe he perceives it differently but again maybe the pressure does play on us each differently. I spoke a little too soon on my above post. My arms and legs went numb today and now I have pain in them after a good 2 day run...I never had them go numb like this before, not like this. Felt weird all day up to about 8pm tonight. This is some weird stuff..

Low pressure conditions definitley affect my pain levels, clear bright sunny days dont seem as bad, but overcast, rainy, high humidity days kick my butt.

That is me right there 63SIERRA.....I have hated this year's summer here in Florida because all it did was rain...Today has been a good day for me so far. I go outside do a little bit then come back in for about the same time I was outside. I am working through it because I know I am not going to hurt myself worse unless pick up something I shouldn't..

Anybody here with low back radiculopathy do you get pain into your calves? Yesterday I woke up like this and today it got worse. I usually have shooting pain down the back or front of my legs. I haven't don't anything differently than I normally do. I thought I was topped out but I have this feeling what I have felt for the beginning stages and this is the opening of the can...

I can sit and lay down just fine but as soon as I stand up it hurts like crap and my right leg almost gave out of me a few minutes ago walking. I guess its time to use the can I purchased for the bad days.