Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

sceballos

Question

Hello all -

The DOD and VA lost my records for 23 years, and with a slew of serious health problems, I've had to put together my own top notch medical team. They were all more than willing to complete the DBQ's (at least for the presumptives) for DS/DS. However yesterday, I had to go through C&P exams for everything. Can anyone give me any insight?

Stefani Ceballos

-Wake up every morning curious. And wake up determined to find the answer."

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

C & P exams justify the VA system....what I mean is, if they award compensation they have to have a medical rationale from a VA C & P exam in order to award it.Or if they deny it, then the veteran can appeal and get an IMO ort use their DBQs to help overcome the denial

You stated:

"They were all more than willing to complete the DBQ's (at least for the presumptives) for DS/DS."

What is DS/DS?

What are your presumptive disabilities that you claimed?

Reason I ask, with so many missing records, does your DD214 and whatever other stuff you do have ( such as any SMRs)

reflect eligibility for the presumptives from the Gulf War (I assume you mean here Gulf War presumptives but I sure could be wrong.)

I commend you for your schooling and profession choice. VA nurses are almost always the cream of the crop at the VAMCs and they work very hard.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Unfortunately, VARO's require C&P's in many instances that they do not need to be done. In the communication to the C&P office they provide instructions on questions they want answered and the issues they are looking at. The phrasing of these questions are very important and how the examiner views these questions will determine a lot of what goes on at the C&P physical. I had filed a claim for urinary dysfunction and radiculopathy based on bulging discs in my thoraco-lumbar spine. In the same claim, I was asking for SC and a rating for my cervical spine secondary to the thoraco-lumbar dysfunction due to misalignment. The question to the examiner was did my cervical spine injury cause the urinary dysfunction and radiculopathy. In the exam she stated that it was not caused by my cervical spine, I informed her the claim was submitted as secondary to my thoracic and lumbar spine. She indicated she could not deviate from the guidlines/questions she was to answer from the VARO.

Some VSR's and RVSR at some RO's are setting up C&P exams that are geared toward developing a record for denial not developing for all relevant and actionable information. You generally are not given copies of that communication in your C-file or exam (which is in the EMR).

Be vigilant!

Edited by 71M10

"I had filed a claim for urinary dysfunction and radiculopathy based on bulging discs in my thoraco-lumbar spine. In the same claim, I was asking for SC and a rating for my cervical spine secondary to the thoraco-lumbar dysfunction due to misalignment. The question to the examiner was did my cervical spine injury cause the urinary dysfunction and radiculopathy. In the exam she stated that it was not caused by my cervical spine, I informed her the claim was submitted as secondary to my thoracic and lumbar spine. She indicated she could not deviate from the guidlines/questions she was to answer from the VARO."

Geez.....

Think Outside the Box!